The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality binocular harness that keeps the optics in place . I have an inexpensive pair that always seem to stretch . Not handy when ready to draw the bow ! Thanks....Finn

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I always use the Cabelas ones and they work just fine. I think I paid like $20 for mine and have no problems with it.

Mac

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mac ,I will check it out this weekend.

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
I have the Cabela's and it is nice. I have an OpTech and the straps are heavier / stronger than the Cabela's. OpTech makes camera straps and they have a good reputation.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I tried the Cabelas years ago. They are okay. Someone told me about Badlands and ,to be honest, they put the Cabelas to shame. If mine broke today I would order another tonight. Jmho

·
Super Moderator
8,063 Posts
I haven't used the Badlands products because, to be honest, those covers look like they will be a major pain in the behind.

While I have no doubt the quality of manufacture is higher, what is the practical benefit? I'm not being a smart-butt, I'm asking that in a genuine manner.....what would one be getting of benefit for the higher price tag of the Badlands harnesses?

·
Registered
502 Posts
tdd said:
I haven't used the Badlands products because, to be honest, those covers look like they will be a major pain in the behind.

While I have no doubt the quality of manufacture is higher, what is the practical benefit? I'm not being a smart-butt, I'm asking that in a genuine manner.....what would one be getting of benefit for the higher price tag of the Badlands harnesses?
They are very easy to operate and stay snug to your chest. I like the way the product keeps my binos protected.
No offense if I was using thirty dollar glass I probably would not care, or if I was sitting all day probably overkill.
I have expensive glass and when I am walking or stalking I could not find another product that worked as well. Function or protection

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have ones from Red Head that I have had for years but never compared them to others but they are still in good shape and do what they are suppose to do, and I don't have $30 dollar glass either! Ha Ha

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I like my Nikon sling style binoculars strap. Goes over my shoulder and under opposite armpit. Binos stay under your arm and slide up when I wanna use them. I like it over a chest harness cause it keeps them farther out of the way when hunting. Just my preference though....

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
only draw back using those in cold weather stalking your bino's are snug tight against your chest they fog up from the body heat escaping your coat..

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Woodsrat said:
I have ones from Red Head that I have had for years but never compared them to others but they are still in good shape and do what they are suppose to do, and I don't have $30 dollar glass either! Ha Ha
I have the redheads also. Very comfortable and hold the binos tight to your chest but don't offer the protection form getting debris in the eyepieces. I'll probably look closer at the badlands. Been using their backpacks for several years and love em.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts