The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
14,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bill Limiting The Term Of Executive Directors Of Fish & Boat Commission To Be Conside

PA Environment Digest Blog: Bill Limiting The Term Of Executive Directors Of Fish & Boat Commission To Be Considered Oct. 23

Friday, October 20, 2017
Bill Limiting The Term Of Executive Directors Of Fish & Boat Commission To Be Considered Oct. 23

The Senate Game and Fisheries Committee has scheduled a meeting for October 23 to consider Senate Bill 935 (Scarnati-R-Jefferson) which would limit the term of the Executive Director of the Fish and Boat Commission to eight years.
Executive Directors are now selected by the Commission Board. -The current Executive Director-- John Arway-- was named to the position by the Board in March of 2010.
Arway has been a leading advocate for the Resource First policy, protecting and restoring watersheds and for taking steps to put the Fish and Boat Commission on a sound financial footing.
The bill was introduced late Thursday.
The meeting will held in the Rules Room, off the floor, meaning there is no set time for the meeting, but it will occur at some point after the Senate convenes Monday at 1:00.
Sen. Patrick Stefano (R-Fayette) serves as Majority Chair of the Committee and can be contacted by sending email to: [email protected]ov or call 717-787-7175. Sen. James Brewster (D-Allegheny) serves as Minority Chair and can be contacted by sending email to: [email protected] or call 717-787-5580.
NewsClip:

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
The term of commissioners is already limited, is this a move by by the general assembly to get rid of commissioners who refuse to kowtow to the general assembly's wishes sooner than the current law?

Reactions: bohunr

·
Super Moderator
13,844 Posts
This would be to limit the term of the Executive Director. Though this is directed toward complete control of the Fish and Boat Commission I am sure the same would happen to the Game Commission Executive Director position.

Hey I have an idea how about having term limits of eight years on ALL members of the Legislature? I think that would be the first place for any expansion of term limits.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I should have read the title a little better. I agree Dick, another power grab by the General Assembly who just can't stand anything they don't have total control over.

·
Registered
25,549 Posts
Passed the Senate after a mere few days of consideration.

One step closer to completing the switch to total domination of both wildlife agencies by the General Assembly. But apparently hardly anyone really cares if that happens?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Nope, some actually want it to happen. They will be the first ones to complain when it happens and they see what they helped create.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I fear greatly when the General Assembly gets control of our wildlife agencies, and I think it is now inevitable. We hunters are to blame. Too many of us can no longer be called sportsmen, let alone conservationists. Our ranks are now filled with consumers whose only concern is the living targets of their preference and opportunities they will be provided. The Legislature will give them what they want, the resource and all other resources be ------.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts