The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed today that Mossberg is now offering a fully adjustable trigger on some of their pump action shotguns.

This changes the whole game guys... I called them today to find out if the trigger assembly will fit into existing model 500 and 835 receivers and the answer is "no, not YET" which indicates to me that they are working on a retrofit for existing slug guns. Put me down for one of the first ones off the line...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Thats great news because on my 500 I feel like I squeeze for years.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buk, thanks but no thanks...i'm not into gizmo's and points of failure on my equipment. I like things simple, and functional. To a point, an adjustable trigger is gizmo-ish, but a little more steadfast than something clamped to a plastic trigger guard with a couple allen screws.

Albeit a neat idea, and would surely help my son with the HORRIBLE trigger pull on my ruger 10/22 - I won't be putting one on my shotgun for hunting. However...if Mossberg releases the new trigger for existing 500's, then i'm ready to purchase NOW.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
jayd4wg said:
Buk, thanks but no thanks...i'm not into gizmo's and points of failure on my equipment. I like things simple, and functional. To a point, an adjustable trigger is gizmo-ish, but a little more steadfast than something clamped to a plastic trigger guard with a couple allen screws.

Albeit a neat idea, and would surely help my son with the HORRIBLE trigger pull on my ruger 10/22 - I won't be putting one on my shotgun for hunting. However...if Mossberg releases the new trigger for existing 500's, then i'm ready to purchase NOW.
It was just a suggestion. All the reviews seemed quite positive. I dont mind the heavy pull on the shotty. Having an adjustable trigger wont help me kill any more deer, just make wallet lighter.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Timney recently started making adjustable sears for 870's as well.....it comes with an adjustable sear, along with three different springs for different weight ranges

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
you could always go to a release trigger like some trap shooters use!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
For those shooting a Remington, you can purchase from Remington a lighter sear spring used in their competition trap guns. It will lighten the pull down to three lbs. If you are judicious in your work and adventurous, you can also clip a 1/4 to 1/2 coil off the existing spring to lighten the pull. (I've done this on 870s', 11-87's and my 760 and never had a problem going forward.)

This link should bring you to the part needed on Remington's website:

http://www.remingtoncountrystore.com/Par...377&topcat=1038

It's listed as follows:
Sear Spring Competition Trap 3 LB
$4.70
Item: REMG PRT2211
Sear Spring Competition Trap 3 LB. Remington Part #F91771

1 - 10 of 10 Posts