The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
thing is don't be dumb and no one will know but you. don't do like we did one night and pass the fish police when he's wide open by himself and you have 3 in the boat. he didn't stop us but shook his head at us

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Since switching lables proves there was an intent to violate the law, the fine should be whatever the maximum is.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
I would love to just see a speed limit, heck the FBC wouldnt even have to enforce it, the other boaters would.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
what if you have no stickers? i repainted my hood on my 25 and just never ordered the stickers.

If they wanna know they can tell by the vin in ten seconds.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Ghost said:
I would love to just see a speed limit, heck the FBC wouldnt even have to enforce it, the other boaters would.
Id like to see them practice what they preach. When I have my trolling motor on 100 and get passed by dcnr with a gas motor on an electric only lake so they can give a tour, makes ya wonder.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
jlh42581 said:
Ghost said:
Id like to see them practice what they preach. When I have my trolling motor on 100 and get passed by dcnr with a gas motor on an electric only lake so they can give a tour, makes ya wonder.
There is a fairly large lake in SEPA they do the same thing although not a tour. Was there last weekend and the guy on the boat was going from one side to the other and back again. Not sure what he was doing but it was WOT the entire time.

I'd like to see it even No wake the entire Lake. If they are worried about pollution they could do No wake 4 stroke only. I like fishing the lake but the trolling motor is a dog against the wind.

Wishful thinking on my part I guess...

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
the original question was what would the fine be for running it illegally. Let's keep this on track or the entire thread will be pulled. This is NOT a thread about speed limits

·
Registered
840 Posts
From what I can gather from title 17, 11.219 the fine is related to title 18, 7506 which is a violation of Commonwealth Property. It is stated it is a summary offense with no fine stated. So, if my belief it would be $25 plus court costs.

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
There's a section under the fish and boat code I think would be the one they would cite for. I can't recall the section but it has to do with special regulations on certain water ways. Its a Summary of the third degree and the fine is $75.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No the fine would not be under title 18, Fish and Boat has their own code and regulations to charge under.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts