The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big news coming from the Excalibur camp coming soon! Stay tuned for more details. The Excalibur you have dreamed about is on it's way! Sorry, but that is all I can say for now.

·
Banned
540 Posts
I just spent 1150$ on a new one.
not happy.
I knew I should have waited till
next year.

·
Registered
19,666 Posts
Gonna be an interesting deal. The Micro Matrix 335 is the new for 2015. Excalibur bow. 24 inch wide uncocked, 330 fps with a 350 grain arrow. 310 fps with a real world hunting arrow. Shoots a 16 inch arrow but I am not huge fan of really short arrows though.

Supposed to be a few that hit the streets soon as a tease then the main shipments after the ATA in January.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I understand there are 3 new excaliburs coming out. Micro 335, micro nightmare 335, and matrix 380 mad max. As dpms said, the micro 335's are 25" when uncocked touting excaliburs CRT (compact recurve technology), and the new 380 is the same as the current 380 but with a new camo pattern.

·
Registered
19,666 Posts
Yep. The new Micro will have two color options. The Mad Max 380 is just last years 380 with a new color option.

·
Super Moderator
4,821 Posts
My Exocet worked fine in the past,works fine now and I expect it will work well into the future.I don't jump on the latest and greatest things.Money well saved.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Eaglepoint26 said:
I second the Exocet. It is so proven I can't get myself to get a new one.
3rd. I bought mine 7-8 years ago for $399. I wonder what they cost now? Either way, crossbow prices are going thru the roof.

·
Registered
19,666 Posts
octagon said:
Eaglepoint26 said:
3rd. I bought mine 7-8 years ago for $399. I wonder what they cost now? Either way, crossbow prices are going thru the roof.
The no longer make the Exocet. That bow was replaced by the Matrix series and they are running around $800!

·
Registered
21,317 Posts
I'm not a crossbow expert but I did look at just about everyone last year when shopping for one for my son.My personal opinion was that all of the excaliber's seemed to balance the best and shouldered the best.My only hang-up was the noise.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
dpms said:
octagon said:
Eaglepoint26 said:
The no longer make the Exocet. That bow was replaced by the Matrix series and they are running around $800!
Holy Mackeral

·
Super Moderator
7,996 Posts
And my Exocet is collecting dust since 2008 when I went back to a compound...maybe I should think about selling it? I don't know, seems a handy thing to have around "just in case," though.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
found this on their FB page .... i seen some where $899..not sure if thats right or not

1 - 18 of 18 Posts