The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody explain to me, the impetus of the PGC classifying a Turkey as "Big Game" ? I mean, I don't know, and certainly really don't care. I was just curious though. LOL

·
Registered
16,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe a Pheasant, a Grouse, a Quail, are considered not "Big Game" but "Game Birds" ? What makes you so special Mr. Turkey ? LOL I mean, I'm just curious. :smile2:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The rest you can hunt/shoot multiples. Turkey more fits with bear/deer/elk in that you can only shoot one per tag. My guess.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Thanksgiving dinner.
Who made the Turkey the Thanksgiving meal ?
Was anyone there to witness this event, fake news.....or are we just taking the word of people who are dead now...
Quite frankly I don't remember reading anything about it on the internet so it must be false, only things published on the internet are true anyway ....
PS: I agree with Vonfoust...

·
Registered
9,871 Posts
Who made the Turkey the Thanksgiving meal ?
Was anyone there to witness this event, fake news.....or are we just taking the word of people who are dead now...

In our case, Cracker Barrel made the turkey our Thanksgiving meal. I was definitely there to witness it, and I ain't quite dead yet. :grin2:

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Well the turkey is just a big grouse so if grouse are small game than turkeys are big game. The deer are just big rabbits and bears are just big woodchucks. Waugh!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I believe the classification is determined by amount of money invested into pursuit of said animal. Turkeys were the smallest animal to reach the threshold at the time classification was determined. Ducks and geese would have been included, with the massive decoy spreads, fancy blinds and SBE3s, but those are regulated by the Feds, who don't use such a system.

·
Registered
18,924 Posts
i dont know about being big game..but Wild Turkey makes some good American Honey :)

Reactions: Muzz and loridr

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I taught bees and ants made honey on all continents. Waugh!

·
Registered
18,924 Posts
nope...my wild turkey makes American Honey...mmmmm, GOOD

Reactions: jimbridger
1 - 20 of 23 Posts