The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tags/points are you guys putting in for this year?

I've been putting in for bonus points for mule deer in CO (8 years) and Wy (3 years). I'll be cashing them in in a few years (hopefully). At least Co. Not sure how long I'm going to wait for WY.

This year, I'm also putting in for a few of the raffle tags out west. Haven't decided what tags as of yet. Anyone interested in the western raffles tags offered, I wrote an article that covers who, what where, and when.

http://www.outfitterandguidereview.com/big-game-draw-and-lottery/

let's here what you guys are putting in for!

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
All I have to do yet is apply for my Wyoming preference points. After starting a new job a couple years ago, I am finally to the point where I get another weeks vacation next year and can go on some more trips.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kudu58 said:
All I have to do yet is apply for my Wyoming preference points. After starting a new job a couple years ago, I am finally to the point where I get another weeks vacation next year and can go on some more trips.
What points are you collecting in Wy? i have three deer and considering getting some antelope points. for an extra $30 bucks, it's worth it.

I hear ya on the vacation. if you're driving, that could add on another 3 or 4 days onto the trip so an extra week of vacation is crucial!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I get points for wy,co for deer/elk/antelope.I also in points game for moose in NH and maine.The state raffles have terrible odds,but someone has to win.Some organizations have raffles with decent odds.I used my wy deer points last year and had a fun hunt;5 points.I'm building elk points in wy for a certain unit and I'm 5 years off.I'm using my Colorado deer points this year and my elk points there next year with my son.I used my son elkpoints up this year for him and he should have a great 1st western hunt.I've been buying him points since he was 12

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jayden8 said:
I get points for wy,co for deer/elk/antelope.I also in points game for moose in NH and maine.The state raffles have terrible odds,but someone has to win.Some organizations have raffles with decent odds.I used my wy deer points last year and had a fun hunt;5 points.I'm building elk points in wy for a certain unit and I'm 5 years off.I'm using my Colorado deer points this year and my elk points there next year with my son.I used my son elkpoints up this year for him and he should have a great 1st western hunt.I've been buying him points since he was 12
how many points in CO do you have? if you're able to get a 3rd or 4th season, you should have a good hunt with the late dates.

What unit in wy did you hunt last year? did you fill your tag?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have 4 points in co for deer/elk.I will draw unit 62 3rd season this year for deer.The dates should be great this year.I hunted unit 34 in wy last year for deer on 5 pts.I passed a few decent 140" class bucks and ate the tag.I was looking for a 160" or bigger.I only had 3 days to hunt the last week of season.I spent 2 week on an Alaskan moose hunt last year and only had limited time for that hunt.I'll draw the unit for my son next year and hunt it from the opener and I'm sure he'll get a good deer
I was successful on my diy moose hunt in Alaska on a 54"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CO dates are looking great. You should have an awesome hunt. I'm heading to Illinois this fall so CO is going to have to wait a few more years. I have 7 pp and I'm holding out for a slam unit. I'll have 3 in wyoming after this year.

I did put in for Ky archery elk and AZ coues deer (raffle) this year.I'll worry about my plans IF i win a tag.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think you can draw region G with 3 pts in Wy.Thats a great trophy area that opens early;sept 15th.It would be a fun high country deer hunt
I need to do a coues hunt to finish my deer slam.I may try late archery in the rut.Good luck in the draws

1 - 11 of 11 Posts