The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post a pic of a big buck taken in franklin county for me if i forward it ? Photobucket is giving me fits.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, don't know anything besides it was supposed to be taken near the village of Williamson,pa. Thing looks 2' wide inside to me. I used to live there yrs ago, and there are some whoopers around. Any guesses on a gross score ?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
the buck scored 168, bases were 7 inchs. I got to hold the rack,it is really inpressive.
the rumor mill is putting out all kinds of stories.I wont repeat any of them because I dont know the facts, other than its a super buck

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
It was killed in franklin co. a friend has a trail camera picture of the buck, and several of the farmers in the area had seen him.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Goat, was that the net score ? Any idea on the inside spread ? Did it come from the "cedars" ?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
gross score, not sure of the spread. not in the cedars more toward the north of the cedars . in 2011 one of the farmers that farms around the cedars killed a gross 140 buck from the cedars

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice deer, i thought it might score better than that gross by the pic. I lived right next to the cedars for a few yrs. Watched a buck with a big drop tine one fall that would push the 150's. Looked like a 3 1/2 old. Had a broken back leg that had mended stiff, drop was on the opposite side. Hoped to see him the following yr,but didn't. He'd of been huge...

·
Registered
47 Posts
NICE! I hunt on my uncle's farm only a few miles North West of there - he own's up along the fort. Never seen anything like that!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts