The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sent pictures via text of a 23 point that was said to be killed near troy, pa. I have the pics on my phone but do not know how to post them. I am very skeptical as always. I can send the photos to someone if they could post them.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
I believe it was killed near Burlington, and it was the guys first ever buck. It was green scored at 209" if it is the same buck you are referring to, and is absolutely true.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
That's quite a buck. Anyone know the back story? I'm assuming that's a free range deer? The young man looks happy. Do you realize that those bases are the size of a juvenile baseball bat?

That kid is ruined. He'll never top that buck. He should just retire now!

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
East Smithfield, PA. 209" B&C green gross. I talked to 2 people that personally know the guy. He definitely shot it, and I believe them that it was wild in PA.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
The buck was scored by a official B&C scorer at 209"......obviously that is a green gross score, and not a official score until the buck goes through the drying period.
As Knapp said, it was East Smithfield Twp. My land borders East Smithfield Twp, I have heard a lot of rumors that come along with a buck like this, but nothing confirmed, and as far as I know, it was a totally legit kill.
The buck will be in "Bradford County Trophy Deer & Bear" clubs record book, I believe the 1st non typical entered. At this point I do not know how it stacks up as far as state records, and obviously needs to wait for the drying period and official score for that anyway.

Congrats to Brice (I don't know him) on a great Pa white tail.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The rough story is that the neighbor shot a doe and this buck was lying near by and jumped up and ran to Brice. I saw the trail cam pics from September, which (IIRC) were taken by the neighbor who shot the doe.

·
Registered
895 Posts
quite a Buck....congrats !!!!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Why? Are we all gonna trespass to hunt a deer that's already dead?

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
wdchuckhuntr said:
The rough story is that the neighbor shot a doe and this buck was lying near by and jumped up and ran to Brice. I saw the trail cam pics from September, which (IIRC) were taken by the neighbor who shot the doe.
That's why I don't shoot Doe during buck season, you never know.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
BlackBruin said:
Why? Are we all gonna trespass to hunt a deer that's already dead?

You just do not understand the trespassing mentality in PA.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
That is a Pa. giant, looks like it has great mass. 209 non typical inches would put him 4th all time in the state.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts