The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big Brother is watching in Arkansas:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ark-police-photograph-license-plates-store-data-18637185

A police car with a device that photographs license plates moves through the city and scans the traffic on the streets, relaying the data it collects to a computer for sifting. Police say the surveillance helps identify stolen cars and drivers with outstanding arrest warrants.

It also allows authorities to monitor where average citizens might be at any particular time. That bothers some residents, as well as groups that oppose public intrusions into individual privacy.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Most of the major cities and suburbs have these readers on police cruisers and some roadside portable units also..

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Washington,DC uses them for parking ticket evaders..If you owe a ticket overdue you get a boot placed on your wheel then it cost you a couple hundred dollars to get it removed and a couple days later.Just a special gift from our nations capital.

·
Registered
684 Posts
burk313 said:
Washington,DC uses them for parking ticket evaders..If you owe a ticket overdue you get a boot placed on your wheel then it cost you a couple hundred dollars to get it removed and a couple days later.Just a special gift from our nations capital.
Aaahhh boot schmoot. Save the hundred like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jnQLEIxHGA

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Big brother is everywhere. Even the ol lady was complaining about it today, and she HATES politics. Big brother is watching. They pay people to watch social media, and soon will have a drone in your town.....just in case. Right?

I'm preaching to the choir on this forum.....

But drones? Yes....drones. Armed? Do you want to find out?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I don't know how low a drone fly's but around here some good old boy will shoot one down thinking it's some kid messing around and I will laugh my self silly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts