The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I shot him on 1/5/13 at 0706 hours with a Mathews Z7. Biggest buck I have ever taken. 21 yard shot. 100 yard recovery. I shot a 3/4 white doe last year and everybody kept telling me that I would have bad luck hunting. I would have to disagree with them now. The gross score was 150 2/8" with no deductions. When it was scored green for P&Y it showed 144 2/8" with deductions. I posted this under the big game forum first before I saw there was a separate one for just archery.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny that you say that when I posted it on the big game forum. I had people writing in saying that there was no way the gross was 150 2/8"

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Ponch1727 said:
Funny that you say that when I posted it on the big game forum. I had people writing in saying that there was no way the gross was 150 2/8"
If you look through past threads with people guessing scores on here you will soon realize that 90% of people on here have no idea how to score an animal. I remember a thread where most did not realize you get 4 circumference measurements regardless of # of points. Great buck!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
remington6 said:
that buck is a slammer..Congrats on a great trophy..I agree with Hammer Downs statement wholeheartedly
Also, having said that 90% are normally way off, if you look back through such threads you will find 10%, normally the same people over and over, that are typically in the very close ballpark. Its not hard to quickly identify who these posters are and these are the ones that you can use for reference. Again great buck! and late season makes it all the more impressive!

·
Registered
19,659 Posts
Now that is a great late season trophy. Congrats. That is quite the accomplishment for sure.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Great buck, did you know he was around?
What part of 5C?
Beautiful deer.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Ponch, congrats on a great buck. I sent you a pm.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Heck of a buck buddy, Thats a heck of a buck even better that it was taken in the late season. Hopefully he passed his genes, and will have some sons running around in the years to come.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts