The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More stupidity from our esteemed VP Joe "Bite Me" Biden....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/...rough-the-door/

"In the same Field and Stream interview, Biden also said that anyone who needs a “clip” (actually a magazine) with 30 rounds in it is a “danger” to themselves.

“If you can’t get the bear or deer in four or five shots, you’ve got a problem,” he said."

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Look at the source of comments. Also to ruin your day remember that this clown is one breath away from being president!

·
Registered
19,190 Posts
"In the same Field and Stream interview, Biden also said that anyone who needs a “clip” (actually a magazine) with 30 rounds in it is a “danger” to themselves.
Good. So let's ban them for LE too.

“If you can’t get the bear or deer in four or five shots, you’ve got a problem,” he said."
I wasn't aware of any defense of ownership of 5+ round magazines on the basis of necessity in a hunting context.

He's making a point that doesn't exist but very shrewdly dividing elements of the "hunting community" from the gun-rights-advocate community, painting in the minds of the public that firearms should be reserved in this context for hunting- which is not a right.

Example, imagine some strange disease decimated the deer herd and bear population in PA and they banned sport hunting for deer/bear (gasp!). Well then, nobody would have any "need" for a centerfire rifle at all for sport-hunting. And in states like NJ that outlaw centerfire rifles for deer hunting altogether (and large parts of PA and MD as well)- nobody has a "need" to own a centerfire rifle at all in a hunting context.

Biden should be honest and admit that not everyone in America who enjoys hunting has access to (or is interested in) elite clubs and caged hunts where "gentlemen" use shotguns while paid guides use dogs to flush out stocked birds...

BH

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
I say let his Secret Service detail be limited to only 5 round mags. After all, if they can't kill a threat with 4 or 5 shots, then they've got a problem...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts