The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
Up till the 6th of Jan I felt it would be very unlikely that they would go after individual gun ownership but if this becomes all it has the potential of becoming there is no doubt in my mind they will.

·
Registered
20,292 Posts
they will go after everything firearm related. it was right there on Bidens web site in plain english...LOL
wait til the pass the law where gun manufacturers can be held responsible for what happens with the guns they make. one mass shooting law suit and they'll go bankrupt. then the anti gunners will move to the next company until we dont have any, any more.
they'll include the ammo makers too since the gun cant harm anyone with out the ammo. they really dont like guns of any kind.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Some may disagree but....the NRA is the ONLY reason we can still have our guns..they hired the lawyers....they fought the" lawsuits"...the rights under the Constitution of the United States....not just for gun ownership, but indirectly other rights the left wants gone.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
When will Biden and the rest of the Democrats put the blame where it lies? On the shooter not the gun. If he would focus on the innocent babies being aborted everyday in this country he wouldn't have time to worry about the NRA. I forgot he supports that but not my Constitutional rights. 61 million babies have been aborted since abortion was legalized in 1973. Shameful and disgusting. If your not an NRA member you need to join. Its a shame you have to continue to fight for something that's guaranteed to you through the Constitution.

·
Registered
20,292 Posts
they never will. the plan is to pass laws that will hold the gun manufacturer accountable for what happens with the guns they sell. its right on Biden web site. its number one on the list
Hold gun manufacturers accountable. In 2005, then-Senator Biden voted against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, but gun manufacturers successfully lobbied Congress to secure its passage. This law protects these manufacturers from being held civilly liable for their products – a protection granted to no other industry. Biden will prioritize repealing this protection.

and people here voted for him......🤣🤣

·
Registered
963 Posts
I used to be a member of the NRA.
I got tired of weekly $$$ solicitations from them. I called and wrote a letter telling them to take my name off mailer list - that I give $$ once a year as membership dues - and they should stop acting like slimy telemarketer.

It continued.. I stopped paying for my annual membership renewal.

A month later - the news of Wayne & Cronies LLC skimming the NRA kitty came out.
No wonder the solicitations increased.

NRA or NOT

From my COLD DEAD hands - they can take my guns.

This line in the sand cannot be crossed - or- things will get very ugly.

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
Was in Hakes Sporting Goods in Wrightsville this afternoon and the ammo was very little and the handguns case was all but bare . The rifle and shotguns were limited. Asked the one clerk if they had any gun tickets and he said no, they weren`t doing any this year because of not being able to get them.

·
Registered
20,292 Posts
here is number 11 on Bidens list...better watch what we type here. if they label what we say against them as hate speech...there go your gun rights:

• Close the “hate crime loophole.” Biden will enact legislation prohibiting an individual “who has been convicted of a misdemeanor hate crime, or received an enhanced sentence for a misdemeanor because of hate or bias in its commission” from purchasing or possessing a firearm.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I think the NRA has been doing a good job of defeating themselves for the last 15-20 years by not delivering on their stated objectives, and even helping to draft many of the recent infringements...
They don't need Biden's help.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Then the battle is already lost. Yes there are internal issues within the NRA, but if we abandon them we are abandoning our largest proponet of the second amendment. When the left is out to try to take our 2nd amendment rights, they say they are trying to defeat the NRA. No other gun rights org is ever mentioned. Not that they are are bad or inadequate, they just don't have the same clout or notoriety. My opinion is if the NRA falls so does our right to keep & bear arms.

·
Registered
221 Posts
For 30 plus years the Democrat fund raising cry is to demonize the NRA and to claim to go after guns. Every single time.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Thursday, January 14, 2021
NRA Signs MOU with USFWS

FAIRFAX, Va.- The National Rifle Association is pleased to announce the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) to assist in the recruitment, education, and retaining of sportsmen and women through NRA’s vast hunter education and outreach programs.
“Together with the USFWS, the NRA has worked for decades to ensure as many outdoorsmen and women as possible can safely and responsibly enjoy our hunting heritage,” said Jason Ouimet, executive director of NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action. “We look forward to a formalization of this longstanding relationship and thank Director Skipwith for her tireless work on this effort.”
A ten-year agreement, the MOU outlines the agreements and responsibilities of both parties including a commitment to science-based strategies for wildlife conservation along with NRA’s pledge to enhance hunter safety, marksmanship, and shooting safety through their free online hunter education program, the Hunters’ Leadership Forum, the Youth Hunter Education Challenge, the Women’s Wilderness Escape and its magazine, American Hunter, to achieve these goals.
“This MOU strengthens our shared commitment to wildlife and natural resource conservation while preserving our American heritage of hunting and recreating outdoors,” said U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Director Aurelia Skipwith. “This partnership supports the Trump Administration and Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt’s priority of increasing access to public lands and expanding hunting opportunities while promoting the safe, responsible use of firearms.”
~NRA~
Established in 1871, the National Rifle Association is America's oldest civil rights and sportsmen's group. More than five million members strong, NRA continues to uphold the Second Amendment and advocates enforcement of existing laws against violent offenders to reduce crime. The Association remains the nation's leader in firearm education and training for law-abiding gun owners, law enforcement and the armed services. Follow the NRA on social at Facebook.com/NationalRifleAssociation and Twitter @NRA.

(703) 267-3820
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 45 Posts