The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you all know the ins and outs of this law.My 14 year old son argues with me that it ain,t a law and he says he,s seen kids ridin bikes without helmets and the cops watched em w/out sayin a word.I say by law he has to have a helmet on any public road or park.

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
I am no laywer but my common sense tells me that a state that has done away with mandatory helmets for motorcycle riding would not have a law mandating helmets for bicycles. Oh, wait, this is Pennsylvania so logic would not be a logical approach.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
I think up until they are 12...but heck kardly any kids where them in my neighborhood

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
TeflonDon said:
How in heaven's name did we ever survive growing up without the gov't dictating laws to our parents
And to think I even drank water out of a garden hose..

·
Registered
39,935 Posts
Stogey never wore a helmut and he turned out just fine.

·
Registered
39,935 Posts
Wow! You did that too, Ron? How did we ever survive?

We even played games "without" and I repeat "without" adult supervision.

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Hey, all younsz that drank water from a garden hose; the statue of limitations has not run out on that so don't be stunned if there's a knock on your door from the Health Police. That kind of behavior is right up there with smoking, and indulging in supersize anything.

·
Super Moderator
26,927 Posts
savage303 said:
Heck, I played Yard Darts when I was a kid.
I walked through a Jart game when I was a kid. Had a lawn dart land on my head too. Didn't hurt me in later life any

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I remember when it passed cause it was the same time that Pa. did away with it,s motorcycle helmet law.Plus I remember adults havin to go out and buy helmets.You never see adults w/out helmets on their bikes since the law was passed.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Lol, that must have been before you signed up for the USAF.

·
Super Moderator
26,927 Posts
Ghost said:
Lol, that must have been before you signed up for the USAF.
No, it was just before I decided to come back over here!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts