The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

BH209 Powder??

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  great white hunter 
#1 ·
Where do you BH209 guy's find the best deals at or is the price pretty much fixed??

Thanks.

#5 ·
jk,be careful weighing your charges.Blackhorn should me measured by volumetric.Multiply your volumetric by 0.7 to get scale grains.In other words 80grs.by volume would be 56 grs on the scale,100 grs by volume would be 70 grs weighed on scale and 120 grs volume would be 84 grs weighed.You really don't get any more accuracy out of weighing than you do by using a powder measure.That has been proven many times in black powder shooting.Also use regular 209 primers.Blackhorn recommends cci or federal.one final thing when cleanng afterwards use a bore solvent like you would use on your rifle.Good Shooting!!!!!!!!

#13 ·
jk828 said:
Loggy, if you are looking to just try the BH209, I also live in York Co. and could just give you some powder and Federal 209A primers before you buy a bottle.

Thanks much for the offer JK! I'm pretty much sold on it & am gonna buy some. Mebbie a lil later in the Summer we could burn some powder though!

I'm shortly pulling out for a few days fishin/crabbin and will ck bak in when I return.

Thanks again.

Anyone use the regular Win 209 primers with BH209?

#15 ·
11B4PT2 said:
jk,be careful weighing your charges.Blackhorn should me measured by volumetric.Multiply your volumetric by 0.7 to get scale grains.In other words 80grs.by volume would be 56 grs on the scale,100 grs by volume would be 70 grs weighed on scale and 120 grs volume would be 84 grs weighed.You really don't get any more accuracy out of weighing than you do by using a powder measure.That has been proven many times in black powder shooting.Also use regular 209 primers.Blackhorn recommends cci or federal.one final thing when cleanng afterwards use a bore solvent like you would use on your rifle.Good Shooting!!!!!!!!
Thanks for that info!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.