The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you BH209 guy's find the best deals at or is the price pretty much fixed??

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
How does one dispense BH209...is there a screw-on spout available for their jug? My local gun shop carries the BH209 but I didn't see anything that would attach to the jug to make dispensing very easy. Thanks!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I measure mine by weght, so I just scoop out of the bottle into my scale pan with a plastic measuring spoon.

·
Registered
550 Posts
jk,be careful weighing your charges.Blackhorn should me measured by volumetric.Multiply your volumetric by 0.7 to get scale grains.In other words 80grs.by volume would be 56 grs on the scale,100 grs by volume would be 70 grs weighed on scale and 120 grs volume would be 84 grs weighed.You really don't get any more accuracy out of weighing than you do by using a powder measure.That has been proven many times in black powder shooting.Also use regular 209 primers.Blackhorn recommends cci or federal.one final thing when cleanng afterwards use a bore solvent like you would use on your rifle.Good Shooting!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
My loads are 70 grains by weight. To me, weighing my loads is kind of like wearing Scentlok clothes, it may not make a real difference but the perceived value is worth it to me.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
NanookOdaNorth said:
How does one dispense BH209...is there a screw-on spout available for their jug? My local gun shop carries the BH209 but I didn't see anything that would attach to the jug to make dispensing very easy. Thanks!
Thompson Center cap and spout will fit the Blackhorn jug.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mightyjoeyoung said:
FIXED. Might find it 50 cents cheaper here and there but...
Likely will pick some up at Cabelas next time up that way.

·
Registered
550 Posts
HI LOGGY,ONCE YOU TRY BLACKHORN 209 YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT THE ACCURACY,EASE OF LOADING AND CLEAN UP.EVERYTHING ELSE IS 10TH RATE.TO THINK ALL THE MONEY I SPENT ON PYRODEX,TRIPLE SEVEN AND SEVERAL OTHERS I FORGOT.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Look fwd to trying for sure 11B4PT2!! Been using the T7 Mag pills with fairly good results but always looking for an improvement.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Loggy, if you are looking to just try the BH209, I also live in York Co. and could just give you some powder and Federal 209A primers before you buy a bottle.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jk828 said:
Loggy, if you are looking to just try the BH209, I also live in York Co. and could just give you some powder and Federal 209A primers before you buy a bottle.

Thanks much for the offer JK! I'm pretty much sold on it & am gonna buy some. Mebbie a lil later in the Summer we could burn some powder though!

I'm shortly pulling out for a few days fishin/crabbin and will ck bak in when I return.

Thanks again.

Anyone use the regular Win 209 primers with BH209?

·
Administrator
39,056 Posts
11B4PT2 said:
jk,be careful weighing your charges.Blackhorn should me measured by volumetric.Multiply your volumetric by 0.7 to get scale grains.In other words 80grs.by volume would be 56 grs on the scale,100 grs by volume would be 70 grs weighed on scale and 120 grs volume would be 84 grs weighed.You really don't get any more accuracy out of weighing than you do by using a powder measure.That has been proven many times in black powder shooting.Also use regular 209 primers.Blackhorn recommends cci or federal.one final thing when cleanng afterwards use a bore solvent like you would use on your rifle.Good Shooting!!!!!!!!
Thanks for that info!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts