The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The white plastic molded clip-on -nocks used in arrows for its crossbows are being recalled...The crossbow can fail to discharge when the trigger is pulled if the defective nock is not fully engaged with the bowstring, and the bow can then discharge while the arrow is being re-nocked.

There have been 44 reports of the arrow nocks malfunctioning causing severe finger injuries.

The re-called arrow nocks were sold on there own in packages of 12 and they also came with the purchase of the Ravin crossbows and Ravin arrows.

If you have any of these re-called nocks, do not use them for your own safety

For more infogo to ...............cpsc.gov/recalls....

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Nock problem or problem with the crossbow itself. Sounds odd, but I do not have a raven, for a crossbow to not fire, then fire when you reseat an arrow sounds like the crossbow it self, may need looked at. Lots of times problems can be traced to user error, but 44 injuries for a new bow on the market, sounds like there may be a problem.

·
Registered
525 Posts
With new designs, and such there can be glitches. The manufacturer is addressing the problem. At least they are taking steps to actually acknowledge an issue. I am not a Ravin owner, and you will also not hear me make any negative comments in regards to the product. What I will say is that I hope anyone owning, and using the questionable nocks--STOP--get things right before you move forward. That's a lot of horse power behind that bolt when it lets loose.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Funny thing is I've been kicking around buying a Crossbow to use in the late season in 5D.
The Raven was high on my list, the only thing holding me back was the price.
I guess I'll have to wait to see if they rectify the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts