The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my mind up that i was going to get a CZ 75, after handling everything out there. Sig came a close second. I would like the pistol for carry but would also like a pistol for shooting at the range,plinking..etc. Would you think the full size CZ 75 is too big for carry ? They also make a compact but i never had a chance to shoot it. Which one would you choose out of these two choices for this use. Thanks for any input, im just stuck between the two and need some feedback. Thanks, Zac

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
been alot of years since ive played with a CZ and cant recall their size....but i'll say if i have a hoodie on, you have to look long and hard to figure out if i got my 226 with my or not...and thats with an outside the pants holster...inside the pants, i can get away with the 226 with just a t-shirt on...

but, im a decent sized guy and im not skinny...

find what you like and then make the purchase based on what feels best and what you will use more...

a small gun carried every day is alot better than a big gun left at home...alot of guys dont like a heavy full sized gun for carry...i dont like a small, light sub compact for shooting...so i am a bit different than most...i'll put up with a little size and weight for an accurate pistol...next pistol is a 239 for summer carry..

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I have an HK USP Compact in 40 S&W.

I am 6'3 and 240 lbs. I can carry it IWB and no one can really tell. Except for myself.

Most situations I can carry in in a Fobus paddle and get away with it. That holster sticks out. But I always know its there.

My main point is my pistol weighs 28 ounces unloaded. The CZ weighs 34 and is longer.

Mine is not realcomfortable for extended concealed carry. They are a whole lot heavier when you put 11 or 13 rounds in the gun.

That is why I went and bought a Ruger LCP. Light as a feather and always in my pocket. If I had everything to do over again, I would buy a Walther PPS, HK PM7 (I think thats the squeeze cocker), something from Kahr, or a Glock 36.

Carry pistols aren't meant to be fun plinkers. They are designed with carry convenience in mind.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think im just going to get both... the full size and the compact. I will still be right around a grand. Thanks for the help guys... looks like overtime may be in the future,lol

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Thats a good solution.

If you really like them that much.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Take a look at the Kahr MK .40. Just the right size and very well made.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Kahr's MK series are really nice. They have a long trigger pull but the newer models are silky smooth. Very accurate compact weapon.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I really like mine, it is the one I carry most.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
John, have you looked at the PM4044? I have a PM 9094 and love it for warm weather carry. 19oz. fully loaded. The .40cal is not much heavier.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
No, I haven't seen it. I just bought two .45 Colt handguns this in 09, if I buy another I will have to find another place to keep my gun safe.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I know the feeling...but if weather permits, I'm still going to the gun show tomarrow.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I personally would never buy a steel frame gun for carry but that is not the question you ask. so here goes . . . if your main need is carry buy the smaller , if the main use is target buy the larger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts