The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any recommendations for charters or party boats that are near Bethany Beach,DE?? I am taking a vacation down there around the week of September 14th-21st anyone know which fish are usually running around that time?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
bone collector,Bethany Beach,DE is only 15 minutes north of Ocean City,Maryland where you will have a much better selection of boats going fishing offshore..Bethany Beach is a tiny little town..There may be a few boats in that town but you will get better prices in Ocean City Maryland..

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I am aware what is near bethany beach...Was just asking for recommendations of boats that people have used in the past with good results? and what type of fish are usually running in september..We are staying in North Bethany..which is more closer to Indian river inlet and rehoabeth beach...Ocean City Maryland is probably a 30 minute drive if not more from where we were staying...so was trying to stay local.

·
Banned
3,541 Posts
We fished off of the Ocean Princess in Ocean City last year. It was one of the better run head boats that I have been on. My fiance and I both caught a good number of seabass, trigger fish, and a few flounder mixed it, one was even a nice sized one.

I know it isn't what your looking for, but the only recommendation I can give.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Have you considered fishing Indianhead River inlet, flooding tide?
Throw bucktails with red Mr. Twister worm trailers....
Just an idea.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have fished on one boat, and one boat only, out of Ocean City, Maryland for the last ten or better years. The Banshee 2. If you want to go catch fish, Nick, JW or DJ will work their butt off trying to put you on the fish. However, the boat is for sale and I haven't asked them if they are going to charter this year or not. I think they will fish tournaments with me.

Another boat that absolutely kills it is That's Right with Captain John Oughton. If you want to catch tuna, this is your boat, but he's also good with marlin, etc. I'd be comfortable saying Johnny O is one of the best, if not the best, tuna fisherman down in Ocean City.

Both of these boats sail from Fisherman's Marina in West Ocean City. It will take you about 25-30 minutes to get there in the early morning leaving from Bethany Beach.

·
Registered
897 Posts
A flooding tide means it's incoming.

Sorry about the miscommunication.

Just be careful on the rocks -- nasty slippery.

I think DE went to a saltwater license, too.

But, it's close.

Was not impressed with the Tartuga (spelling?) that bottom fishes in Assawoman Bay, mostly for flounder.
Just not enough legal size keepers to justify the cost.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea i feel that...I believe my uncle used to fish the rocks at the indian river inlet campground area and i recall him catching fish..So i will definitely have to try out the Bucktails...what pound test do you use?

·
Registered
352 Posts
By the way, I just re-read your initial post and saw your dates. This is literally the perfect time of year to go on an overnight trip if you can afford it or have guys to split it up with. You could have double-digit white marlin releases, put some mahi, tuna and a swordfish in the box, and possibly even catch a mako or two. September is the best time of year to do an overnight trip, and watching the sun go down alone on the ocean is an incredible experience. You should look into that too. I believe somewhere in this forum is a report from last September where I went on an overnight trip with the Banshee 2.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Can't promise you that they are going to fish charters next season, and no idea how much the rate will go up. Johnny O on That's Right will definitely be fishing, though.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay cool..thank you...i also did find another site too...the indian river inlet has a list of charters that go out of there...i looked through them and some of them seem to be quite reasonable prices for what id be interested in...http://oldinlet.com/fishinginfo/fishingreport.php

But i also may end up fishing off the rocks with my own gear and see how that does as well...but nothing beats going out on the ocean on a nice day and catching a bunch of fish

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just wanted to apologize to the mods here for posting links to charters. I didn't realize I was violating a rule. Won't happen again.

·
Super Moderator
4,613 Posts
forestcohunter said:
Just wanted to apologize to the mods here for posting links to charters. I didn't realize I was violating a rule. Won't happen again.

pm sent

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Get your hands on some live spot and live line it on the north jetty of the indian river inlet during slacked tide. You have a really good chance at landing monster doormat flounders. Good luck. If you fish the incoming tide use metal for blues. Sometimes they are thick in there

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
deerslayer9688 said:
Get your hands on some live spot and live line it on the north jetty of the indian river inlet during slacked tide. You have a really good chance at landing monster doormat flounders. Good luck. If you fish the incoming tide use metal for blues. Sometimes they are thick in there
Live spot and live line?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts