The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Don't know about best but the Bridgestone Dueler AT revo 2's I slapped on the '03 Dodge done darned good last winter.......Still look good.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Hercules. No better tire for the money.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I just bought 6 Firestone Transforce AT's.
I have a 1 ton dually and they look like their going to do the job. Probably was the cheapest I could get for my tire size and still have an aggressive tread. Down side is I think my highway mileage is suffering a bit.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Firestone winterforce's are all I have run for several yrs on my cars. I currently run hankook winterpike rw 11's on my wife's jeep and have never had a problem getting anywhere. I personally would recommend either.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Firestone winterforce, very good tires and reasonably priced. Have a set for the subaru, plow truck, and her suv.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
There are true winter tires and tires rated for winter. Rated for winter just means they perform 10% better in snow. They have a snowflake symbol on them.

I have run the following on the same truck:

Pro comp at
BF kao at
Cooper st
Cooper at3
Cooper atw (w stands for winter)

Atw are my current and new this fall so I can't comment on them. BF kao were rated for winter and by far the best and have a high rating on ice. I can attest. Cooper at3 were horrid and the atw is coopers answer for the many complaints of the at3. The BF kao is winter rated in only certain sizes and lasted me 20,000 miles than the others. Get what you pay for.

At3 are great in rain and BF kao are terrible. I only run one set till they wear out. If I was looking for a real winter tire used only in winter id look at winterforce or nokian.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have used multiple sets of Hankook Dynapro ATM and got great mileage, mud/snow traction, and a decent ride on highway. They are 10 ply so may drop gas mileage a bit if you've been running more of a street tire but I've recommended they to multiple people who have had the same results.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Strut10..Ill second that on the KM2's.I had them on my Jeep and whiteknuckled it everytime there was snow on the road.Absolutely terrible.If you wanted to dig a hole half way to China they were the tire but winter time no way.

I bought some Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's and am very pleased with how they work in the snow.For being 35x12.50's they track very good.

·
Registered
20,868 Posts
I have 33" mud terrains on an 04 wrangler.They're good in the mud but an absolute disaster on slippery roads.My daughter drove the jeep to work one day last week when we got a bunch of snow.I met her when she was done so she could follow me.Well,she left first and I ended up following her.I about had a heart attack when she hit a small bump and it sent the jeep into a spin right down the middle of the road.I pulled over,got in that jeep and drove it the rest of the way.It will plow through a foot of snow but those tires were terrible on slippery roads.

·
Registered
301 Posts
for a truck I love the general grabber at2 tires there great and can run through the snw no problem and they wear great and are not noisy

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Not winter specific but for year round truck tire I put 47k on a set of Firestone destination AT's.these have been awesome for me.. good traction, quiet, balanced... bought online with rebate a lot cheaper than a dealer..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts