The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best Utility side by side for doing food plots using an ATV Disc.

I currently have a Honda Rubicon that is a work horse. I like the size of the Honda 500 cc Pioneer but I don't like that it does not have a dump bed.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
With the escalating cost of the new side × sides, it may be more practical to buy a used tractor with a proper implement. Of course, tractors lack the fun factor the other 100% of the time.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wdchuckhuntr said:
With the escalating cost of the new side × sides, it may be more practical to buy a used tractor with a proper implement. Of course, tractors lack the fun factor the other 100% of the time.

I already have a 32 hp Kubota with a tiller, disc and brush hog and 3 pt. spreader.

Having doing food plots for over 10 years I really don't use the tiller. In fact, I have not used it in about 6 years. I hate swapping off the equipment for the tractor.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
joe8768 said:
I already have a 32 hp Kubota with a tiller, disc and brush hog and 3 pt. spreader.

Having doing food plots for over 10 years I really don't use the tiller. In fact, I have not used it in about 6 years. I hate swapping off the equipment for the tractor.
I hear ya. Sadly, growing up on a farm with a lot more equipment than tractors has numbed me to the pain and annoyance of swapping out implements.

·
Registered
605 Posts
For your use with a disc, I would consider a Kubota RTV. I use my Kubota tractor with a tiller on my food plots, but use the RTV for pulling my drag and a roller that I use as a cultipacker. I do that for the same reason you mention- not having to take the tiller or bush hog off from my tractor.

Will

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Peck Hill Will said:
For your use with a disc, I would consider a Kubota RTV.
There was a thread on here awhile ago about the Kubota's being under powered.

I have a Teryx and like it. It does everything I need it to do. If I was going to buy another UTV I would also look at the John Deere.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Be careful with Kabota . We had about 20+ at our plant that had to be sent back . When you hit the key to start them , they would jump into gear and take off unexpectedly . My buddy had the tailgate of his truck crunched by one . Luckily no one was standing between the truck and Kabota .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts