The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously I have done some typical/basic google searching on this topic but Im looking for some real user experience of using camera arms for filming hunts. What do you like or dislike about your current rig?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I have a very basic Gorilla tree arm and used it last season. I guess it depends on the money you have and are willing to spend. If you’re on a budget I recommend the Gorilla. It took a few times out, but by the end of the season it was part of my normal hunting routine. Once on the tree it seemed stable and did it’s job. Another thing to mention is that it was quiet and I never had a deer bust me due to this tree arm. It sure is a rush and a fun challenge to film yourself. I wish you the best of luck this season.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i have a primos truth camera arm. i have seen it retail for around $115. i think i found mine online somewhere for about $30. i just use a little sony HD handycam so it's all i needed for such a small camera. i also have an Insane Archery camera mount for my bow that is very handy. alot less to carry. its really cool if you have a small handycam or phone you can film with. check it out. i give it 5 stars. it only ways 2 ounces and it attaches behind the stabilizer and you can position it in several places. very cool mount! check it out. http://www.insanearchery.com/

·
Registered
39 Posts
Iuse the gorilla arm too didnt pay much for it and is easy to set up and use.Quick and Quiet what more could you want

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I use a 3rd arm. Very easy to set up and moves very smooth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts