The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally took the plunge & bought an excaliber grizzly for my son to use this season. Wondering what brand target everyone's using for practicing with broadheads.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Ha, they must have gone up in price. Been checking the crossbow market for self protection. I see new "crossbow targets" and new broadheads, I think are heavier.
In a limited and new market the price surely went up.

Keeping with my old diy target for an older compound bow. Old can be a good way. I could see the twenties disappearing through my fingers for "crossbow." items.

Good luck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I use a Rinehart 18-1. Depending on your broadhead selection you may be able to get away with field point practice. I use Spitfire 100's and have found them to fly true to field points. I have one Spitfire that I sacrificed to be a practice point. I practice through the summer with the field points then switch to the practice broadhead as I get closer to the season. In years past a couple shots with the practice broadhead from various ranges was all it took to assure me the impact point would be the same. Doing this I am only sending a broadhead into my target 4 or 6 times a season. It seems this target could handle a lot more hits from a broadhead but with my set up it does not seem necessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts