The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been on the search of a camp in a specific area for awhile. How did you find your camp? I don’t have time to drive around and look for classifieds right now.

·
Registered
20,783 Posts
We found ours by looking at the small town realtors in the area, But that involved driving around, so I guess that wont work for you.

·
Registered
40,339 Posts
Call local realtors and tell them what you want and to call you if something comes on the market. Then, sit back and wait for the phone to ring.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
First thing I do is make up a list of all the things you want from a camp.

How close is the hunting area?
If you fish how close to good Trout fishing?
Seclusion ?
Running Water?
Electric ?
Can I get there in dead of winter?

Just some examples. Good Luck.

·
Registered
25,549 Posts
AS noted, if you've picked a locality you're interested in, Google/Bing RE agencies in that area, see what's on the market?

Most RE outfits, even in rural areas, now have web sites listing properties they're trying to sell. I've followed some properties listed from a small RE agency near my 3A camp, for some time, just to see how the local market is doing.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
With todays technology you can do a lot of shopping right at your computer.
Once you see something that will fit your wish list like Joe said you can contact the realtor for more pertinent information....
If unfamiliar with the local game lands, the regional PGC office can help with what game is prominent on those game lands....
Finally, HPA seems to have guys on here in every part of PA and if you choose to settle on a particular area, I am sure they will give you their 2 cents about the area....
Good luck...

·
Registered
911 Posts
You could also look at major sites like Zillow and search the maps for that area. I also use google or bing and search “land for sale near” whatever town I’m looking for and then check the reality sites that show up.

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Google Landwatch

Landwatch is where we found our place. I followed Zillow and some other websites, but I think every property I looked at came from landwatch. You can set up saved searches that notify when a new property hits them. Easy to set them up for specific counties, price range, acreage, etc.

·
Banned
2,324 Posts
We found a good realtor in the area were we were looking to buy.....That was 27 years ago though, the Web would be your best bet I would think now a days....

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Try Don Powell Real Estate. He’s in the Punxy area, does a lot of high end homes. But Don is a big time trapper ( VP of PTA ) and may have listings for camps .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Saw an ad for one in the Lancaster Farmer paper. Went up to see the place and the owner told us about another camp on the other side of the mountain. We drove over to see it & then contacted the realtor. We bought that one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Use the Realtor app or their website. You can search by many different ways and then use the map feature to see exactly where they are.

ski

1 - 16 of 16 Posts