The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Ranger boots 800g that i bought on sale and love them, good boot but to hot for the archery days. My question is what is the best camo rubber boot with either no insulation or maybe 200g? I dont want to pay a ton of money. Also where do you guys get your boots? Any good deals online?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Re: Best rubbers

dude
change the heading im suprised thers not 40 jokes and cracks about it lol
i like the rocky ones my self that are non insu i think ther about 60$

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Got that taken care of lol. Have they been reliable? I cant stand the cheap ones that you can only get 6 months out of and rip. I will look into them.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts

i had them for about 2 years before they dident fit any longer it was feet growing years havent goten any new ones yet but i do really like the lacross ones a friend of mine has them and he uses them for every thing ther about 6 years old.. he said the trick is just like a tire use ameral stuff when you are done for a while he will wipe down the sides and the bottoms of them with it that way they dont rot or crack then a week before he uses them he will take them out clean them up a little spray with some some sent killer then sprays some deer dander on them and ther good as new

·
Registered
979 Posts
Loggy said:
I like Lacrosse in rubber.
X 2....Have a pair of the Alpha Burlys in non-insulated and absolutly LOVE them. Extremely light and comfortable!!!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Alaskans probably wear rubber boots more than just about anyone and with very few exceptions they wear Xtratufs.

They don't come in camo--but given the comfort of these boots---I can pass.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have heard a lot about the Lacrosse and Muck's but i just dont want to pay over 100$ on ones with little to no insulation because i have good rubbers that are insulated already.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a pair of Lacrosse camp boots in camo and they were crap! loved the low cut style for early archery so i got mucks and they are great. Also bought a pair of cheap Field and Stream from Dicks with 1000grm thinsulate and they have been great

·
Registered
175 Posts
I spent most of my adault life in Alaska, and Xtra-fuf's are Awesome, heck they even come insulated safety toe. I have three different pairs, even the one's called Alaskan sneakers, (ankle high).

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
mathewsarcher996 said:
scott_and_stalk said:
fjp110 said:
Lacrosse burly 0 insulation
thats the exact boot i have and i have had them for 5 years....not one problem hunting from oct-jan every year
X3 I've had them for 3 years, no problems.
x4 but mine are 1000G and are awesome. Kind of warm in the early season when walking...but in archery the only walking I do is to and from the stand

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I use LaCrosse side buckle for turkey and early season deer in Upstate NY. A fair amount of insulation and the side buckles means that i can get the boots on and off with little trouble even with my very high arch (unlike almost every other rubber boot I've tried). Just bought another pair and they were $75 plus tax. They are about knee high which helps in swampy areas. Only bad part is that if you go through a lot of brambles and brush, it will wear out the area in the front of the ankle, so you'll only get 2 or 3 years out of them. Once the weather is below 20 degrees, I switch over to Baffin (canadian) rubber boots that have a removeable liner in them.

·
Registered
534 Posts
i get whatever i can find in my size, i wear a 15, my wife bought me a pair of those LaCrosse last year for christmas and so far they have held up good, only thing about them is i pull my pant legs down over them and they rub my calves a little bit, but my calves are to big to tuck everything inside the boot, other than that i really like them

1 - 20 of 30 Posts