·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best release brand, i keep hearing tru fire name.........bob

·
Banned
396 Posts
tru fire make really good realeases thats what i shoot. use what feels good you. we can tell you to buy the best $100 realease but it might not feel so good to you

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I've been using the same Tru-Fire release for the last 11 years now and have never experienced a problem with it....except for leaving it at home....which is why I occasionaly practice shooting with fingers also.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
attackone said:
U cant go wrong with either a Scott or a Truball, what kind are u looking for wrist or a handle release
not sure, i tried my friends wrist strap that's all so far....thinking of a hand grip since i always hunted with fingers.........bob

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I like my trufire,I have two older cobras that I take with for backups while hunting,there decent,but like the trufire best.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Shooting the Scott Little Goose, since the head is on a strap it eliminates string torque. I have Cobras as backup.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
treed74 said:
Shooting the Scott Little Goose, since the head is on a strap it eliminates string torque. I have Cobras as backup.
yep i shot that little itty goose for years and loved it but i decided to try and thumb release and got a a trubal boss x, now that will be my hunting release its so sweet

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats guys....i'm gonna see if the local sporting goods archery pro shop has a bunch or any to try with my bow at there range............bob

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
bob1961 said:
thats guys....i'm gonna see if the local sporting goods archery pro shop has a bunch or any to try with my bow at there range............bob

thats what i did, i went to lancaster and shot a few release before i got one.....just like a bow better make sure u like the way it shoots before u buy it

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i talked to the shop today, they have all kinds to try he said
....i want to see if i can shoot my compound again since my brain surgery as i did before with a release before i try it at deer again........bob

·
Banned
462 Posts
attackone said:
U cant go wrong with either a Scott or a Truball, what kind are u looking for wrist or a handle release
Agree 100%!

I am constantly going back between these two for wrist straps, currently shooting the Tru Ball Beast and it is the best ive had yet!

Now if you want a handheld release....Carter!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
If you are looking for a index trigger release, Carter 2 Shot with adjustable tension springs. If you like thumb release, Carter Chocolate Lite.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not sure, all i have tried was a wrist strap model....not sure bout it hanging from my wrist all day hunting over one i can grab from my pocket like a thumb release one....just have to try many out
...........bob

·
Registered
40 Posts
i went out and bought a truball t handle thumb release dont like its not what i expected im still looking for a release try them out first before you buy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts