The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your favorite places to buy handguns in the Pittsburgh area?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Brown Armory in Rochester, lots of used firearms too

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Aces in Washington or Powell's in Penn Hills.
+1

I've bought from both of them. Ace is on route 19 and has a fabulous selection of handguns, and great prices. Ace is full service gun shop and has everything.

Powell is a very small shop (for 20 years he worked out of his basement), but he will order anything.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Bee’s In Saltsburg if looking for new, he dose have a few used but very limited. Most times you call him on Monday you will have it on Friday.
In my travels I have found no one that can sell guns for less.
His phone number is 724-639-9707

·
Banned
265 Posts
Ace is good,lots of chopices but Braverman in Wilkensburg has a great gunsmith and all of the customer service people know weapons. I have been buying pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, and reloading goodies from Bravermans for over 40 years and have NEVER been treated poortly or as anything less than as a friend. GREAT GUN SHOP

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
I think we have a good amount of gun shops in this area fortunately. Lots of places to go.
Bee's has to be near the top.
Powell's is great to deal with and Ace has a great selection.
And a plug for my local store, The Shooters Bench in Russellton. Smaller shop, but a really good selection and very fair pricing.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone ever deal with Gun Runners in Houston PA? Called them the other day, and their price on one handgun seemed good.

·
Registered
287 Posts
i hear you can get one for $100 on the street but they dont always come with the serial numbers

·
Registered
288 Posts
wimp said:
I think we have a good amount of gun shops in this area fortunately. Lots of places to go.
Bee's has to be near the top.
Powell's is great to deal with and Ace has a great selection.
And a plug for my local store, The Shooters Bench in Russellton. Smaller shop, but a really good selection and very fair pricing.
I have to agree with this post! Bee's is great, but they don't have much selection.

I have never been to Powell's, but hear good things.

The Shooter's Bench has a great group of guys working there. Their prices aren't as good as Bee's, but they have a better selection.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
I priced Gunrunners before and his prices ain,t so great and that is with a discount my club suppose to get.I remember when Aces was Ace Auto on main street in Washington,Pa.Not only will you get the firearms warranty they will also give you one themselves.Sometimes on the phone they can get you mad but that is the salesman not the store.But most of the salesman are nice and helpful.They need to move to a better location cause gettin in and out of there is a pain.They are also open evenings and Sundays.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ace Hardware in Dry Tavern or Chalk Hill Shooting Supplies on route 40 east of Uniontown. I have bought a few guns from Reese's in Smithfield very good prices.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts