The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is CATCHING CRITTERS! Years past there has always been a 'get psyched' thread with past catches, just because the market is down in the dumps doesn't make catching fur any less exciting for me. Some pics to get everyone in the mood!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Oh yeah, it won't be long. Even after so and so says I'm waiting to this day, once the pics come rolling in, it's hard to hold back the urge.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty much all of those are dirthole sets like the one shown in the second picture. MB450, dirthole, small bit of cotton with gland lure and urine. The locations are more important than the sets though. Just look closely at each picture and where exactly they are in the landscape. crop changes, tractor lanes, crossings.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Thanks Backroads! I have a little bit of each where I am going. I have coyote urine and Federales bait. Think I will get some fox lure. Good Luck to you!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Cooncrazy, Nice!! Between you and Backroads, I will not be getting any sleep tonight. Oh Sunday, get here soon!! LOL

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Nice pics everyone. a Bear??? You know your traps are secure!! hoping I get something to take a pic of. Just be nice to do this.

·
Premium Member
24,152 Posts
Nice pics everyone

·
Premium Member
24,152 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I agree catching is lots of fun whether you keep your catch.

Or release...

Water trapping is fun too!

Maybe hard water?

Springtime trapping also.

The fur shed with the finished product can give a trapper lots of satisfaction.

And knowing you did a great job in the fur shed is more of a reward than the cash value of that pelt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts