The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does HPa have a best of forum? If so I can't find it. And if not , maybe the site should. There are a couple really good threads I can think of right of the top of my head that would belong there. The "looking for someone" thread and " The old man and the hound" thread would be 2 that belong there. Maybe any time a thread hits a hundred responses it would qualify. Or maybe once a year like in January have like a week long poll for suggestions of threads to put in there. Just an idea...

·
Super Moderator
26,451 Posts
Unfortunately, most of the threads with 100 or more replies are the ones that tend to get locked...... especially at this time of year

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you're sayin', and I personally do not get involved in those threads,although I will admit to reading most of them for the entertainment value. Maybe you mods could come up with some better ideas as to how a thread would qualify for a best of forum, and make it that only a mod could move a thread to the best of forum, but still let us regular members post responses to them , if that is even possible. It just seems there are quite a few threads that kinda get lost in the shuffle that maybe new members might not see.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
No "best of" forum yet. I do think it is a good idea. Might be a better idea to include threads that say under a hundred posts. Kinda sad during what should be one of the happiest months of the year in the general forum the rants threads stay at the top getting post after post while the threads of successful hunts tend to drop like rocks. Anyway sorry to get off topic, but I do think the "best of" is a great idea. Not sure how the threads would get picked or selected, but there have been some darn good ones on here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts