The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is you favorite state park to camp at in NC PA and why? Looking for some places to try this summer.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Great question. My favorite is Ole Bull SP. Nice swimming area, great fishing, nice camping area and cabins.Besides it's in some of the prettiest "wilderness" area in PA.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Raymond B. Winter has the nicest restrooms ive ever been into including private campgrounds.
Little Pine state park is nice and already reserved a few days there for this year.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm a fan of a couple of south central state parks. Fowlers Hollow SP and Colonel Denning SP. Fowlers Hollow is primitive, but in a very nice valley surrounded by a couple of mountains, and Colonel Denning is just very nicely kept up.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
X2 for Ole Bull . Great memories of fishing trips with my uncle and others. Bear sightings galore over the years , too.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Little Bear said:
Great question. My favorite is Ole Bull SP. Nice swimming area, great fishing, nice camping area and cabins.Besides it's in some of the prettiest "wilderness" area in PA.
Agreed

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
I never camped at Ole Bull becasue our camp is right up the hill from there, but we have fished, swam and pcinicked there with the kids ...I gotta agree, it is in a great spot and nice set-up for family cmaping and great HQ area for touring.

The only down side with Ole Bull SP is the camping area does not have alot of privacy between camper sites, be nice if they left a little green space between the spots but being under all those tall pines likely would not let much grow anyway. To me it seems to defeat the purpose of going all the way to Potter with camper in tow to set it there 15' from the other guy. But that is true in just about any campsite. Just seems amplified up there since you are surrounded by a million miles of woods with spots no human likely sees all year long.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
not sure if canoe creek state park is in north central but it is nice. modern cabins,fishing,swimming,hunting, and hiking trails.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Cherry Springs.

It's a must on new moon weekends. Can get busy during those times.

You're a short drive from Lyman run and Prouty Place.

·
Registered
21,036 Posts
Might not classify as NC, but RB Winter SP is really nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts