The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Burris Fullfield II. Amazing low light clarity. Forever warranty. Can be had for $200 or less if you look. Important thing is the objective lens size...if you want to be able to see in low light conditions you need at least a 40mm objective lens IMHO.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
A Leupold V-X 1 is great for that money. A 3-9 x 40 is around $230 and a 3-9 x 50 is around $299. I have one in 40mm and it works great.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
At 300 yards it might be worth the extra zoom. I hunt with mine on 4 power and shoot my deer within 50 yards so I haven't needed much zoom but if you like hunting open areas there is no downside to the 4-12 except price.

·
Registered
12,723 Posts
Netboy said:
How about the newly released Redfield 3-9 x 50? 95% light transmission for around $200. Made in USA
Anyone have one?
Wow, who is making the Redfields these days?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Check out Ebay.... I just got the Monarch Gold new from ebay for 380... Thats is a lot cheaper than 600 its going in other places.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I have to agree with the Elite on a budget or not they are excellant scopes. As far as holding up to mag recoil... the one on my 300 Wby has yet to move in 10 years.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good to see that Leupold is bringing back the Redfield scopes. My dad has two of the widefields from back in the 70's. Both guns are .308 Winnys, a 760 and a 700. I love looking through those widefield scopes. I just hope the quality is the same as the older models. Seeing they are being made by Leuopold I think they just might be. Time will tell.

·
Registered
12,723 Posts
Wow, I can`t wait to see the new Redfields!! Weren`t the foreign made for a little while?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
octagon said:
Wow, I can`t wait to see the new Redfields!! Weren`t the foreign made for a little while?
article in the recent GUNS magazine on them, I picked it up yesterday at the local Weis market. Going to have limited offerings, but will carry Leupold's Lifetime warrenty

1 - 17 of 17 Posts