The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems between the washer & dryer my prized cabelas thermax liner socks mysteriously disappear over due course of time!!

It was time to restock & I think i found one thats a keeper!! Has excellent features PLUS made in The USA!!

Anyone use these??

52% polypropylene, 28% merino wool, 18% stretch nylon and 2% Lycra

Cabela's Outfitter Series Liner Socks

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was surprised to see they were made in the USA! I also got some cabelas wool socks...same thing...American made!

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Yes I have had there socks for years now and the work great,and yes USA all the way.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Retiredusne8 said:
Yes I have had there socks for years now and the work great,and yes USA all the way.
Beats that elcheapo china stuff at wallyworld for sure!!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I have never used the polypro because it is supposed to retain odor and cannot be washed in hot water. I don't know about the blends though. Polypropalene is supposed to be really warm too.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Dress socks will offer the same properties as expensive liner socks.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buk_Huntir said:
Dress socks will offer the same properties as expensive liner socks.
Oh really. My dress socks are a combo of cotton blends & syns..the worst combination of materials for a liner sock unless you like sweaty cold feet that is!! LOL!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
There are all kinds of socks available. I bought black nylon/polyester dress socks to try this year as liner socks. They worked as good as my polypro liner socks and stayed up a lot better.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Tree Mouse said:
There are all kinds of socks available. I bought black nylon/polyester dress socks to try this year as liner socks. They worked as good as my polypro liner socks and stayed up a lot better.
This is the point I was making. Most dress socks are not made from cotton, casual maybe, but not dress.

I let my boots do the insulating not my socks. I think a lot of guys go crazy with heavy thick sock and they can become quite the detriment trying to keep your feet warm when you need to jam your foot into a boot. IMO less is more when it comes to socks.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Field Report:

Wore the Cabelas Outfitter's Series sock Liner during the past 3 days of extreme cold weather while flintlock hunting! Best liner ive ever wore hands down & ive tried thermax, polypro and what have ya!!!!! Wunder if Made in the USA could have sumpin to do with it??

·
Registered
12,843 Posts
Originally Posted By: LoggyField Report:

Wore the Cabelas Outfitter's Series sock Liner during the past 3 days of extreme cold weather while flintlock hunting! Best liner ive ever wore hands down & ive tried thermax, polypro and what have ya!!!!! Wunder if Made in the USA could have sumpin to do with it??

Loggy, I read the reviews and one guy said they are made a little on the small side. I wear a 13 or 14 EE, should I get the XL or XXL?

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jack, I wear a 10 shoe and went with the L & fits perfect.
XL should be good for you but mebbie call to ck w/customer service. they are pretty good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts