The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
I have shot them all.

If price is not an option, Firenock is the best, IMO. Battery life is exceptional. Super bright. Easy off. Very reliable. The downside is there is some work required to install and they are expensive.

Lumenoks are what I usually use. The brightest nock out there. Easy to install. Good battery life. Reliable if installed correctly.

Clean Shot Nock Outs are very nice as well. I used them quite a bit last year. Easy install. Easy off. True practice mode. Very reliable. Fair brightness and battery life.

I don't like Nocturnals due to how you have to turn them off. Carbon Express Launchpads are dim and cheaply made. The TenPoint Omni Brites are decent overall.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Do you know which Firenock model fits the TenPoint Pro Elite arrow?

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Thanks for the info. Do you know which Firenock model fits the TenPoint Pro Elite arrow?
If you have the newer ones made by Victory, I believe the Firenock F and M model fits the .300 ID shaft. If your bow is a Tenpoint, they recommend Omni Nocks which Firenock does not offer. With that said, it is generally safe to shoot half moon style nocks out of TenPoints, which is the M style. Never shoot a flat style nock out of a Ten Point.

If you want to shoot what TenPoint recommends, you are stuck with their lighted Omni Nock.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They would be a gift for my father who shoots a TenPoint Turbo XLT II. He shoots all omni nocks in the Pro Elite. I've read the Omni Brite 2.0 nock is only a slight improvement over the original and a pain to turn off. What are the pros & cons of these in your opinion?

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
Yeah, I would probably stick to the lighted Omni Brites. Pros are they are reliable, the battery can be removed for practice, and the battery can be replaced. Cons are they have fair brightness, you have to take apart the nock to turn off the light stick, and the nock insert is glued.

I usually don't glue them, though. I take a plastic thin mil grocery bag and put a small piece over the nock insert before pushing it into the rear of the arrow. It is usually enough to take up the space and hold the insert firmly in place.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
i like the ignitor by nufletch..stays lit but have to pull nock out to shut off battery..minor inconvience...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts