The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a new stabilizer for my 82nd Airborne. I only hunt with this bow. What stabilizers do you guys like for hunting? Length and weight?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i just bought the new B-stinger. it looks odd but i like it. i have a bowtech Captain. i tried several stabilizers advertised to get rid of hand shock etc. well, since the captain already had almost no hand shock, i went with B-stinger. it isn't fancy but does what i want, which is put weight out front to steady my hold. i got the 12 inch with 8oz. weight in flat black. google "B-stinger stabilizer" and you'll read alot of great reviews on it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I also use the B-Stinger. I use the 10.25" w/ a QD & an 11oz weight. They really help in keeping the pin still. I like it alot.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
The s-coil and x-coil and about the best for the money when it comes to reducing vibration and the noise created from it. If you want something that will provide a little more stability, which is not always necessarily needed while hunting, look into the octane series that matches your bow, the doinker multi rod series, and aep.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
for strictly hunting, you can get away with something short thats only purpose is dampen sound and vibration...the sims coil line are supposed to be some of the best on for that..and for the price are hard to beat...heard great things about stealth as well...

if you want a stabilizer to actually do its job (balance and stabilization) you gotta go long...7+"...i think my Doinker is 7"...next one i buy is going to be 10 or so...i really felt the difference...and the doinker still does alot of noise/vibration dampening...i really like the balance and feel i get from it...its still not LONG..but the weight it on the tip which helps it do its job...IMO its the perfect setup for a strict hunting bow...my sight still sits out farther than it, so next time im likely going longer..depending on how i like the feel...i dont do any competative target shooting...but do alot of backyard shooting and local 3d shoots...i like accuracy...i like long distance shooting...

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I also prefer a longer stabilizer even when hunting. I hunt with the same stabilizer that I have shot some competitive 3D with in the past, an 11.5 inch octane stabilizer with both weights attached. I recently moved to a B-stinger, but I find it too heavy to hunt with. I do 99% of my hunting from a treestand on private property, so I dont worry much about it being too long and in the way on stalks, and when carrying it in. If I were hunting from the ground, or hunting elk, or something of that matter, I would be using a sims product, or a short doinker.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
You have to get the stabilizer that balances your bow/shooting style the best. There really isn't a one great stabilizer for every bow.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I agree with attackone about AEP stabilizers. I even went one further and got Nunzio's special knuckle that allows my stabilizer to double as a carrying handle. It is tremendous for any length walk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts