The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my fiber optic sight. I have used my trophy ridge for several years and the fibers are fading. So I'm looking for advice on a top notch unit. I like the micro alpha V5 but its a little pricey. Thanks in advance for suggestions. By the way, for the Z7 thread, a shop in Centerville has the Z7 for 729.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I love HHA sights... small pins, bright, makes for some accuracy. Very dependable.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
One thing you may want to consider- send your site back to Trophy Ridge and have it overhauled with new fiber optics. May just run you a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have a microalpha v5, AWESOME! I alos have a Sword twilight micro hunter, awesome as well. I'd go with either again in a heartbeat!!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
i use a Sword Accu-sight and love it. i will probably never use a different one. i have also used HHA and various others and they were all good. if you have good vision i would suggest using a .019 fiber. i switched to smaller (.019) fibers a few years ago and it makes a world of difference. also, would suggest a round housing, it helps you focus better than a "squarish" one. like i said, there are plenty of good ones.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I also have a sword accusight twilight hunter. It is very nice,bright pins,durable,I dropped my bow this year from tree about ten feet it landed sight down,sight was fine.I dont think it is made by sword anymore,I read a post on here awile ago about them closing,forget who bought them out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
backwwods I am in the same boat as you.. I am looking at the Apex Gear Bone Collector Sight real hard.. What I like about it is that it has two .01 pins.. micro adjustment... look at it and let me know what you guys think.. .. yea I am left handed so very restricted..

·
Banned
462 Posts
CMitchell said:
Spot Hogg or Montana Black Gold. Bright and very well built.
Agreed those are my top two. I have tested 8-10 sights over the past year alone and MBG was the best with Spott Hogg coming in a close second. I personaly like the MBG more due to the photochromatic technology, IMO the single best feature a sight can have. Spott Hogg sights are super strong and with a wrap can be super bright, but again MBG sights are by far the brightest out there without ever haloing.

·
Banned
462 Posts
HNTRDAVE said:
I also have a sword accusight twilight hunter. It is very nice,bright pins,durable,I dropped my bow this year from tree about ten feet it landed sight down,sight was fine.I dont think it is made by sword anymore,I read a post on here awile ago about them closing,forget who bought them out.
Partialy correct....its still made by Sword, but now Sword is owned by Treelimb Quivers outta Ohio. So they still sport the Sword name, but are no longer family owned and operated outta Kentucky. Sword was above Spott Hogg for me prior to the sale, but since the sale I havent heard rave reviews and am glad I sold my Sword Centurion the week before the sale based upon some solid inside info from a good friend and former Sword Pro Staffer, he now shoots for Spott Hogg....lol.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Check out the wrapped Spot Hogg's - extremely bright fiber optics.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I have the hha on both my alphamax and z7, very bright sight,plus I like the single pin.I have been shooting a lot better since I went to the smaller ,single pin.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I decided to stay with the vertical inline pins an order the micro alpha V5, but now all they have is the new 2010 fitted with an extended dovetail bar. I wanted the 2009 version - fixed / solid frame to keep it simple. Anyone know where I can buy the 2009 model? Also, how do I get a picture by my posts? thanks!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The sight I've been most impressed with and the one that finally replaced my Spot Hoggs is the Tru Ball Axcel Armortech.
Nicest pins and adjustment I've used in a hunting sight. Seems absolutely bomb proof too.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have used hha sights for years but i just switched to an apex axim with micro adjust when i bought my Z7 and I really like it. My only prferences in a sight is that it has .019 pins

·
Registered
512 Posts
Backwoods Dan said:
Looking to replace my fiber optic sight. I have used my trophy ridge for several years and the fibers are fading. So I'm looking for advice on a top notch unit. I like the micro alpha V5 but its a little pricey. Thanks in advance for suggestions. By the way, for the Z7 thread, a shop in Centerville has the Z7 for 729.
I have the micro alpha v5 and v3. These are the best TR sights I have ever tried. The pins are steel, thin, but strong. Fiber is very bright. The light system is very good, but you will probably only need it in a blind. The only think I don't like is the sight pin housing is a little small. On the V5, the top pin is very high in the sight housing. I used my MBG solaris sight on my primary bow last year. It is a very good sight as well. If you like vertical pins, I would go with the TR micro alpha V5 or V3.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts