The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm scheduling days off from work to be in the woods--what week do you recommend as the best week? I'm looking at the second week of November--any thoughts? Still waiting to connect on my first archery season buck

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
I prefer the first week, myself. November 3rd-8th have been the best for me over the years. Imo, the most bucks will be cruising that week. By the second week, I start to see some lockdown.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I really like the last week in October and the first week in November. I also start to see some lock down when it gets to the 2nd week in November, But it can happen at any moment!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Any day in the woods away from the computer and cell phone are the "best days".

Your highest percentage day(s) of seeing the greatest number of bucks during shooting hours would be Halloween week and the week following so as long as mother nature cooperates and you have a population of does calling your area home...

·
Banned
540 Posts
I like the first week of the season. Still in the summer pattern. Check the trail cams and they tell me where and when to hunt. After that all bets are off.
pick any tree any given day. Any tree thats along a doe trail that is.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
ANTLERKING said:
I really like the last week in October and the first week in November. I also start to see some lock down when it gets to the 2nd week in November, But it can happen at any moment!
X2

·
Registered
657 Posts
ANTLERKING said:
X 3. Second week of November have not been as good. Halloween nite has been my best day overall, have 5 deer on that day over the years, just magic I guess.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the tips. May need to move my days up a week--unfortunately, I can't take off as much that week. Oh well!

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
demillo said:
Thanks for the tips. May need to move my days up a week--unfortunately, I can't take off as much that week. Oh well!
. I had the same issue last year and I split my days up between the 2 weeks. Kinda stunk having to work a couple days in each week but I still got out. The first week in nov is my preference.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I took off October 30th, 31st, and November 3. Will hunt evenings on the 4th, 5th, and 7th. REALLY hoping to get something in archery this year

1 - 15 of 15 Posts