The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite camo pattern, max-4 duck blind or another pattern! Thanks!!!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
The best pattern is the one that best matches the vegatation where you are hunting.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
There is no good "waterfowl" pattern, unless you hunt down south. Everywhere I hunt has lots of green; grass, shrubs, trees. My favorites are so old they don't make them anymore, AP Realtree(original) and Universal Treebark. Thankfully, I bought a bunch, and in larger sizes, before they were gone.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Look at any camo from 50-60 yards away and they all look alike. The patterns are more for the hunter than the birds. Just make sure you don't clash with surronding area where your hunting. Love to see the dark green camo in a brown field of corn, the hunters stick out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Im a fan of more open patterns. I still think mossy oak shadow grass is one of the best marsh patterns around. Breakup also works well in a lot of the areas I hunt.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
The best camo pattern is the one that sits still. Or better yet is totally covered in natural vegetation.

That being said, I own mostly Max-4 but have some stuff in both shadow grass and Killer Weed if the Max 4 wasn't available.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Love Mossy Oak Shaddow Grass. JGUNS tell Toxey to bring it back... Max 4 is nice too, just took me awhile to warm up to it being a Mossy Oak guy. As said above, match the pattern to your surroundings.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Tim, I thought it was green sweat pants and a old style green camo hoodie even when its 5 degrees out, hang em in the duck tree!!!!

Jimmie

·
Registered
519 Posts
Jimmie! How many times have you seen me fall in or go in for no reason at all! Im getting older dry socks and dry walmart camo sweats are why i needed a guide series bag!!!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Tim, Seen you wet a few times, i remember that one day late in the season you came down the river and it was so darn cold out and you just those sweats on and you were wet but you found that one goose i knocked down on the island before i got my last dog.Remember the old duck tree, sure was alot of ducks hung on there over the years.

Jimmie

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
TRAPJAW said:
There is no good "waterfowl" pattern, unless you hunt down south. Everywhere I hunt has lots of green; grass, shrubs, trees. My favorites are so old they don't make them anymore, AP Realtree(original) and Universal Treebark. Thankfully, I bought a bunch, and in larger sizes, before they were gone.
Trebark is not gone...you can still get it. It's called outfitter tuff now. Here's a link.

http://outfittertuff.com/

Although this is still my favorite.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My first camo pattern was the brown camo. I remember being out with a friend along a creek bank. After the morning flight he took his dog for a walk and when he came back he couldn't find me altough I stayed in the same spot. He was only 60 feet away from me and I had to wave at him before he saw me.
When it was time to replace the jacket I could not find brown camo and settled for something else. When it comes time to replace it I will go back to brown camo as it fits the creek and river banks that I hunt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts