The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok been looking for a few weeks now for a crossbow now really confused !!!!
need some input on what you guys think is the best xbox for the buck not over 500.00 thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
check out a local archery club -- a lot of bow hunters also have crossbows.
It would be a good idea to shoot a few to learn the differences.
More importantly, learn how to safely operate one.
Also, some archery shops might have a few used ones, taken on trades.
You can pick up one from a pwan shop but please take it to an archery shop, to be checked for functionality and safety.

Bothh of my crossbows were purchase for about 1/2 the listed prce and are used.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I got a Horton from the bargain cave at Cabela's last year. It ran me just over $400 with scope and half a dozen bolts. I Got it after trying to go cheap on a PSE. The right limb snapped on the 6th time I cocked it....so don't go cheap. I was the third guy in 2 weeks with that problem!

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Parker has a few models under the $500 mark. All come with a lifetime warranty.

Keep in mind that some of the bows in the bargain cave, are store returns and might not have a warranty card.

I also have a few used crossbows. All of them have been serviced and checked out.

·
Banned
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
went to Cabela's today shot a titan hlx with acudraw wow sweet but expencive I think this is the baby i want

·
Registered
261 Posts
i have a parker spartan i bought this past sep. for my son to use thinking he would get more time in the woods hunting. he used it exactly three times. it shoots great. i may sell it because i dont think he will use it much this year because of football. let me know if you are interested. i would give a good deal and it comes with extras. i bought it because it was recommened on HPA.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
As I mentioned via PM, I picked up a new Terminator 175 HP with the Hawke MAP scope for $415 shipped to my door. 340fps, lifetime warranty. I would suggest the Terminator at that price point.

However, like I also mentioned, I went to Cabelas and held each one, got a feel for the stock hold and liked what the Terminator felt like. Your preference might be different.

I was pleased to find it dramatically reduced when shopping online. Best deal out there currently for the Terminator is about $450 but you might find one cheaper if you keep shopping. It's a discontinued model so the deals won't last forever. (But the warranty will!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts