The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at both fixed and expandable 100 grain broadheads. Always used fixed blades in the past but can no longer use a regular hand held bow because of age and physical problems. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
My simple answer is people overthink broadheads. The best one is one that shoots well out of your particular crossbow and arrow combination. Pretty much any modern day broadhead will perform great if put in the right spot. What shoots well for one person may not shoot well for another.

·
Registered
21,317 Posts
My simple answer is people overthink broadheads. The best one is one that shoots well out of your particular crossbow and arrow combination. Pretty much any modern day broadhead will perform great if put in the right spot. What shoots well for one person may not shoot well for another.
The most over-rated and most argued subject is always BH's.As long as they're sharp,penetrate completely and hold together,nothing else matters.People erroneously think a big wide mechanical will do better that's far from true.My son and I killed deer 10 minutes apart this past saturday.I shot one with a 1" standard slick trick and the deer didn't make it 30 yards.My son shoots 58lbs at 26" so I have him using a tiny slick trick viper trick.He drilled a doe at 22 yards and she didn't make it 40 yards.Here's the tiny exit wound.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts