The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 1 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm guessing thse are being shot from a Ruger GP100 w/ a 6" barrel. My gun that is that same shoots what ever I shoot out of it the same (I have the same gun). I haven't shot a tone of different loads, but they all seem to shoot about the same. They seem to do their part if I do mine.

If I were shooting factory loads I would choose one that performs on target that like I want, and test a few. I'm sure there will be some that don't shoot worth a darn.

If you are looking for just close range deer hunting I would try a few different 158gr loads. Don't look past the soft points either. They may work just fine. I shot some 158 gr American Eagle soft points out of my gun, and they shot very good. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a deer with one as reasonable distances.

1 - 1 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.