The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for new boots. I left my current pair of Danners to close to a camp fire to dry. I have a 15yr old pair that still work but are not waterproof any more and don't have much traction left. What do you folks think are the best pair of brown uninsulated boots out there for the money?

·
Registered
964 Posts
My feet don't like most boots but the LL Bean Technical Upland are my favorites. They're very non-typical but I like them a lot. Comfortable out of the box and I love the BOA lacing system. Unfortunately the new iteration has a bit of insulation. If they still made an uninsulated model, they'd be perfect.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually have a pair of ll bean techs but don't wear them for hunting yet there still to pretty my girl hates when I pop them loose at the movies to be comfortable and then crank them back later

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Given that I like or need a wide toe box feature for shoes/boots I have a pair of keens which also have a lace to toe feature. Uninsulated and leather. I was able to get stretched wider my danner frontier boot. My feet have widened in the front area but are still medium to narrow overall

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I have an old pair of Cabelas knee high rubber boots that I use when its wet out, and an old pair of Timberlands when it isn't wet. Really as long as they're broken in, most any pair of boots will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts