The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an ankle holster for my S&W 442. Any recommendations?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Yep, don't buy one! A handgun for self defense needs to be carried in a place where you can access it in a hurry without bending over and pulling up a pant leg. Ankle holsters are mostly used to carry a second gun by police incase they are disarmed, not to carry a primary weapon. This isn't the recommendation you are looking for but it is one to consider.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
John S said:
Yep, don't buy one! A handgun for self defense needs to be carried in a place where you can access it in a hurry without bending over and pulling up a pant leg. Ankle holsters are mostly used to carry a second gun by police incase they are disarmed, not to carry a primary weapon. This isn't the recommendation you are looking for but it is one to consider.
+1 If your going to carry a small revolver like a J frame Smith & Wesson carry it in your front pocket using a Uncle Mikes. Easy to get to & still out of the way.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Galco ankle glove. I use it for my S&W 642, you'll forget its even there. Ankle carry has its place. I would be hesitant to use it as my primary location, but sometimes it is the best place.

As for pocket carry, that too has its place, but I would place it at the bottom of the list. Try drawing from your pocket while seated in a chair or in your vehicle.

·
Registered
661 Posts
+1 on the galco ankle glove. If you really want an ankle holster, this is probably the best in it's price range. Alessi makes a good one too, but the bucks are up there. You have to practice drawing with it, not so much the draw stroke, but with different types of pants you wear as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts