The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best accurate 22lr hunting rifle on the market?
and what scope would work best on it?

·
Registered
20,907 Posts
Re: Best Accurate 22 Hunting Rifle

I imagine you can get a cheap savage or Marlin to shoot better than some high end .22's.It's almost always a crap shoot of some sort.I've had some very accurate Marlins and I had an accurate CZ American.I had some little issues so I traded it on a Ruger 77/22.I honestly had low expectation for the ruger but it's a tack driver with cheap target ammo.As far as scopes,I put a Nikon rimfire scope on it.

·
Registered
655 Posts

CZ trainer with a 28" barrel, 6 x 18 scope, drives tacks. Bought it at Hornicks years back fir $175.00 , guy won it and didn't want it.

·
Registered
19,942 Posts

I picked my son up a Stevens bolt action rifle and topped it with the 2.5X-8X Universal scope off of his great grandfather's deer rifle. That thing is ridiculously accurate. After I zeroed it, I was piling shots almost in the same hole at 25 yards. I have a whole $139.00 in it.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts

never had a Anshutz that wasn't a tack driver.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts

My bolt action 22mag marlin is pretty acurate out to 150 yards.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

Henry .22 is a tack driver with4X Leupold. Put it and the workmanship against the "big names" and will come out ahead. Plus 100% American made and parts!

·
Registered
300 Posts

Bluesberry said:
Is today April Fool,s day???
Why yes, I believe it is.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts

I have had two Ruger Model 77/22 22 rimfires. One the standard walnut stock/blued sporter and the other the All-Weather model with the laminated stock, matte stainless steel metal and the heavy barrel. They are both TACK drivers. The heavy barreled model is my favorite squirrel rifle. It sits under a Leupold Vari X II 4x12 AO. It does it's best work with Rem. 38 gr. sub-sonic HP ammo.

·
Registered
530 Posts

I don't know if i got lucky with mine but my xt-22 that i bought a year or two ago from dunhams for 150 bucks is a tack driver. The trigger on it for the price is amazing.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

My dads old Sears & Roebuck 22lr single shot (made by Marlin) will consistently group at about .5 inches at 50 yards which has led me to slay hundreds of squirrels with it. What else do you use a 22lr for? haha

·
Registered
3,634 Posts

I use a Ruger 77/22 and it's my favorite 22 and one of my favorite guns. It is very accurate and a good looking gun.

·
Registered
550 Posts

If you want to hit a tin can at 50yds get a Winchester or a Remington.If you want to hit a dime get an Anshutz.Every man should own one perfect rifle,"ANSCHUTZ"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts