The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pretty much have my heart set on the Taurus 24/7 Pro in 9mm, but noticed recently a couple other pieces that deserve mention. The CZ P07 Duty gets a healthy nod...as does the EAA beretta lookalike.

If you have 400 OUT THE DOOR, anything else you would request to feel out at the gun shop?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Since you're looking at the Taurus, I assume you mean less than <$400, not greater than >$400.

My opinion is any used Glock.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Zimmer50cal said:
Since you're looking at the Taurus, I assume you mean less than <$400, not greater than >$400.

My opinion is any used Glock.
I agree with Zimmer50cal on the Glock thingy and the less than greater than sign.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Bought my M&P used for 4 and a quarter. A lil bit more than what you're looking for but not much really.
I'm not sure how you feel about used guns but I've been finding alot of BARELY used ones coming into the local gunshop here.
My M&P looked as if it was never even taken out of the original box.

Used Glocks and XD's can be had for pretty much the same price also.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Andy1 said:
Save about $50 more and get a Glock 19
A Glock 19 or the smaller Glock 26 will serve you very well. Remember that the smaller Glocks can use the higher capacity magazines (e.g. 19 or 17 magazines).

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I love my 19 and its easy to conceal, not as easy as the 26, but easy enough and without giving up any accuracy.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wish i liked the way the glock felt in my hand. i can't shoot them well, they just don't fit. I did handle a new Ruger sp today, nice and light, thin, seems to be a nice pistol...time will tell.

and yeah...sorry about the typo... LESS than 400 bills...

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Have you handled the M&P? I like the way it feels, but everyone is different. I had a Para .45 in my hand the other day and it felt sweet, you know when your holding the right one for yourself. Go handle them all. Your going to get recomendations for all different types, but in the end its whatever your happy with.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
agreed BT, totally agreed. the money isn't burning a hole in my pocket YET...but it soon will be. I need to take a trip to john browns armory and to bravermans. both have decent cash prices. Budsgunshop.com works too, Phil's archery does the paperwork for 30 bucks.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
speaking of john browns armoury I gotta swing by there today to see what kind of goodies hes got. thanks for the reminder. along the lines of best under $400 for a 9mm go with what feels good in your hand.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i second the m&p. first choice is a glock 17 to shoot, i wont carry a 9mm but its looking better with the new carry ammo out. federal HST in 9mm might be ok. i prefer 40 cals. another option is look for a used sig saur 226. got my 229 for about $400 out the door with 2 extra hi cap mags.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I like my Smith 39 double/single action. should fine a used one around $400 ( I bought mine new for $92, but LOL that was a little over a half century ago). Must admit, mine gets heavy use and still works good. Not the smallest, but one of the thinner with a single stack clip. And light with an aluminum frame.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
jayd4wg said:
agreed BT, totally agreed. the money isn't burning a hole in my pocket YET...but it soon will be. I need to take a trip to john browns armory and to bravermans. both have decent cash prices. Budsgunshop.com works too, Phil's archery does the paperwork for 30 bucks.
Anthony Arm's has some pretty good deals also. Thats where I usually shop.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Check out the stoeger cougar. Great gun for the money and it is actually a Beretta in disguse.

The Ruger SR9c is also a great gun for the money and it has a short grip (10 round) for carry or the longer (17 round) grip extension for bigger hands or the range.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a Ruger SR9 that I'm looking to sell if you are interested. Comes with 2 mags (17 rounds) and 2 holsters (a Comtac MTAC Minotaur IWB ($80 new) and an Uncle Mike's Sidekick). I'm looking to get $375 for everything. Pistol and holsters are barely a year old and in excellent condition.
Tony

·
Registered
345 Posts
I too dont care for the way the Glocks fit my hand. I had some range time with the XD line and it was going to be the next gun, however i fondled and then got to shoot the SR9C and just love it. It is right at 400 bucks if you search for it. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Jayd4wg, if you ever come north to camps or anything around St. Mary's check out elk county ammo and arms. The gunshops around Bradford where I live can't even come close to their prices. They will work with you on prices and have a nice selection. I got my 19 there and they have M&P's, Paras, XD's etc. you name it. Good friendly and family atmosphere. Since I moved north I've bought a half dozen or more firearms from them.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
<$400- Used Beretta 92FS- Used HiPower- Used S&W- if you can go slightly highly you may be able to find a new FN FNP

>$400- HK - Sig Sauer
I wouldnt go with a Taurus. Go to the store and find a bunch of pistols you like that fit you well and take it from there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts