The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions or recommendationd for a .22 cal target practice pistol - it can be either single shot or semi-auto. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Agreed!!!!! I have over 5000 rounds down mine and works perfectly. Only thing that bothers me is a screw comes loose after shooting 3-400 rounds. But after a little tightening, its good to go for another few hundred.

Another Buckmark is on the wishlist maybe one of the stainless versions.

Get one!!

Rugers are good too but Buckmarks just felt better in my hands. Its just personal preference. Rugers have a great reputation. I'll definitely be getting one but that would require buying different mags and such so not now.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have a Sig Mosquito and a Heritage Rough Rider 22lr/22mag 6 shooter

I run anything through the Rough Rider and usually CCI through the Sig

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
A bull barrel 5.5" or longer Ruger MKII or III - with fully adjustable sights, their target version. Great gun, great accuracy, and very reasonable price. Plently of stuff you can buy for them to customize how ever you would like.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Ruger Mark I with the bull barrell.

Bulls-Eye popin plinker.

I have countless rounds through mine and the only thing that ever broke on the gun was a spring in a cheap aftermarket magazine that I bought.

·
Registered
769 Posts
the only ones that really work all the time are the Browning buck marks and the Ruger Mark (I,II,III, 22/45). the mosquito an the P22 are both really nice feeling guns but they can finicky on ammo.

Of course the Smith and Wesson 41 is the king. but it costs a king's ransom as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts