The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add a big bore pistol to my arsenal. But I have a very limited budget $500.00

Looking over and I find a lot of conflicting opinions...

·
Registered
7,057 Posts
I'd hang on for another week or two or three and save up another $150, for $650 you can get into a Ruger 1911 which is a dang fine firearm. There are a lot of guns coming out of Philippians and other countries like the Rock Islands, Citadel, Girsan, etc that are nice - but I'd hold out.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Take a look at some used ones........I have a Para LDA in my collection that I bought for right around 400 used.....

My Dad has a Taurus, it is a well made accurate 1911 also

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have a Citadel 1911...Philippines gun. Came with 3 mags. $479+tax. Great gun. Only con is it can be a little picky with reloads. I have to crimp the bullet a little tighter than for my Ruger 1911.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have a Rock Island with 22 TCM & 9MM barrels. It's a double stack version of 1911, and is a real hoot to shoot. Nary a proble ever, even with reloads.

That said...I've never heard a bit of negative about the Rugers...and I am around them a lot working in the gunshop.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have a Taurus 1911 and it is an awesome gun. For the price you'll get a great trigger, Heinie straight-8 sights, beveled magwell, and an accurate shotter. Its not a Les Baer by any means buts its a great 1911...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts