The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with the Bersa brand? A coworker heard I was looking for a compact handgun and offered to sell me his Bersa .380. He sent me some picks last night and it is in good shape but I have never shot one and I wasn't too familiar with the brand. Any information is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a lot of experience with Bersas. Are you talking about the Thunder 380? If so, I think they are great little guns. I've fired plenty of Thunder 380s (with a lot of them not having been maintained all that well) and have just about always come away with a favorable opinion of them. I actually like the thunder 380 better than the walther ppk/s. They are comfortable to shoot, and pretty reliable. If you can buy it for a good price, I would jump on it.

·
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is supposed to email me the model tonight. I have pictures but I am not sure if it is a Thunder or not, here is the gun:

What is good price for a Bersa .380?

·
Registered
805 Posts
From the picture it looks like an older Thunder, which is not a bad thing, my brother has one of the older ones in chrome. I bought a new one for my wife; it is lighter than the older model and kicks harder than the older models.
I believe I paid $265.00 new for hers. She has shot Hundreds of my reloads with Berry plated bullets threw hers with out any problems.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I have never owned one, but know several people that
do. They dont seem to have many complaints about them.
I see lots of them for sale in gunshops everywhere.

·
Registered
838 Posts
My wife has an older Thunder 380 that she really likes.

It took a while (@ 100 rounds) to shoot in but after that not a problem.

Very nice looking gun, small enough for good concealed carry and with Hydra Shock now available in 380, you could do some damage if needed.

·
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked it up with 3 boxes of ammo for $100.

·
Registered
838 Posts
You got a great deal.

I think my wife paid $150 new, but that was when they were first introduced.

Which finish is it? They had blued, a blued and chrome look combo and all chrome look when she bought hers. She has the combo.

·
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it is not considered a Thunder but pretty much the same gun. I thought for $100 it was worth having, besides that my other handguns are just too large to conceal. Looking for a revolver next.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts