The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a bang-up year so far for Black Raspberries. We've been getting a "shot" of rain every 4-5 days, or else we'd be in trouble. Much better than last year for me. It's all about rain/sun and the timing of it all. The Blackberries don't look quite as promising on my land, but there are some. They look to be about 5 days from a start, which is early for em.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
picked 2 full ones (4.5cups)Blueberries

Turned them into this

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
What the heck? All our berries are non-existant, teeny tiny, and / or green up here in the NW.

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
Icemole. Yer picking red ones. If the migrants did that at the blueberry farm they'd be sent back to where ever.

Stores and produce stands pitch a fit over having red blueberries. Not ripe and Too tart.

There's a lady near here that makes a blueberry cake/pie with crumbs on top which is a lot like shoo fly pie. Dark blue Cake on top and blueberry mush on the bottom. Darn good, but she won't reveal the recipe.

·
Registered
16,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boy did the berries come to a crashing halt. This drought period really dried them out and did them in. Temps forecasted in the 90's for a stretch now with no rain. I'm sure that will take care of any blackberries waiting to turn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts