The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kudos to the Berks County Sheriff's Office.

My LTCF was set to expire May 2010. Being a rare day that I was home, I ran to the courthouse in Reading. Put $1.25 in the meter for 60 minutes time and went inside.

Returned with my renewed LTCF good 'til 2015 and there was still 40 minutes on the meter.

Quick and painless and they were very pleasant to speak with.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Add the Indiana County Sheriff`s office to the Kudos list. Same experience. From the Officers at the metal detector to the Clerk who took the picture, all nice people......

·
Registered
25,913 Posts
How do they do a background check in 20 minutes; take the picture; and process the new LTCF, if that was from initial application to issuance?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If you are getting a renewal if takes minutes to do an NCIC check.

·
Registered
25,913 Posts
Yes, but our sheriff doesn't do renewals. Never did. He says each application is treated as if it's the first one and is in no hurry to expedite the process, for anyone who has had previous LTCFs from his office.

Oddly enough, my LTCF does say "renew" in the center of the uppermost line.
Which goes back to what I've said previously, about little or no standardization from sheriff to the next.

And that is why the legislature is looking into how LTCFs are being processed.

·
Registered
533 Posts
berks also holds different locations once a month at local police stations for renewels and to apply for one. at least they use to which is nice if you cannot make it up to the court house.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Some counties have it set up so you can be in and out in 20 minutes for both New or renewals

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
$35.00 charge in Indiana County. The Missus picked up an application. I think, years ago, I had to have three references. It is now two...

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
Try parking in Pittsburgh for $1.25.It took me and my wife way more time to get from parking to the courthouse than to pick up our licenses.It is always treated as a first license not a renewal too.Wait 4-6 weeks to get the card in the mail saying approved or denied.Allegheny needs a satellite location or a van like Westmoreland does.By the way I had to pay $13 just to park.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
It took me all of 20 minutes to rewnew mine in Lancaster.

·
Registered
25,913 Posts
Got a hunch that after the legislature finishes their review of LTCF issuing procedures, 20 minute renewals may be a thing of the past?

Either that, or all issuing entities will be doin' them in less than a day, or the few weeks they're taking now?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Received mine in 15 minutes last week. Now I am good for another 5 years. All renewals are treated the same as a new issue. Took longer for me to do the paperwork that it did for the sheriff's office to take my picture and issue it. I was told to have a seat in the hall and they will call me. I sat down on a bench with another guy who told me to be ready for a long wait he had been there for over an hour. In 10 minutes I was then called in. When I left he was still waiting and just gave me the look ,LOL, must be something on his background check. A guy I work with went in the week before me and is still waiting he was told that they need further investigation's of his record , told him " We had a couple hits" he has 2 DUI's and a bar fight. So it does work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts