The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older Taurus 669 with a front sight that is not removable. It appears the sight is slightly bent to the left. Any ideas or advice on bending it to plumb again? I considered pacing a towel/rag over it and using piers. It is integrated into the top of the barrel, so I don't think breaking it off is an issue as long as I don't get too carried away with it! I'm aware it isn't an Anaconda, but I still don't want damage it and render it useless.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slightly left at 25 yds. Move to 50 yds and it's 4-5 inches left. Enough for me to want to get it more on center. If I were to hunt deer, I would want to know I can trust the gun if I do my part. My rear sight cannot be adjusted any further.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I think when adjusting the front sight you want to move the sight in the opposite direction you want the bullet to go.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
RatherBeLucky said:
Slightly left at 25 yds. Move to 50 yds and it's 4-5 inches left. Enough for me to want to get it more on center.
My rear sight cannot be adjusted any further.
If you straighten the front sight to the right the point of impact will move even further to the left.

What type of rear sight is on it? Got a pic?

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts